Rich in good fats and antioxidants, avocados are not only great as a highly nutritious toast-topping: they're also wonderful for your hair and skin. That's why we found the best avocado oils, so you can reap their gazillion beauty benefits ranging from reducing inflammation, improving skin elasticity, preventing fine lines and wrinkles and adding shine and body to drying hair. Avocado oils for hair and Avocado oils for skin work diffrently so be sure of what you are buying and what purpose, as Avocado oil benefits could vary in each these case.
We have learned there are many Avocado oil benefits, so get your hands on these formulas fast: the 9 best avocado oils in India to add to your beauty arsenal now. (Looking for variety? Don't forget to check out this list of the best hair oils.)
What is Avocado oil
Avocado oil is an extract of an American fruit Avocado. It is used for cooking, lubricants and cosmetics too. Avocado has great benefits in each of the these above mentioned fields. It is pressed from the fleshy pulp surrounding of the avocado pit and not including the pit. It is one of the edible oil which is not extracted from the seeds rather pressed out from the fresh pulp. Avocado oil is used for cosmetic purpose from traditional times, because its very high skin penetration and high rapid absorption.
Avocado oil can be used un-refined, which retains the natural color and odor of the fruit. It is high in monounsaturated fat and vitamin E, it is naturally low acidic. It has unusually high smoke point which is suitable for all type for purposes in heating, like baking, stir-fry, deep fry, roasting and barbeque.
It has regenerative and moisturizing properties which is beneficial for both skin and hair.
Nutrient content of Avocado oil
- Avocado oil are rich in fat which are basically of three types
- Saturated fat as it is known that saturated fat oil leads to heart disease if consumed more than 4grams but avocado oil gives only 2grams of saturated fat per tablespoon which is quite healthy.
- Polyunsaturated fat they have a positive effect on cardiovascular system so they are considered to be healthy to consume.
- Monounsaturated fat they are beneficial for good cholesterol they are primarily originated from plants and is liquid at temperature.
- Micronutrients in Avocado oil, you will consume a good amount of vitamin if you consume the avocado as a fruit but you will not get ant vitamin or minerals if you intake it as a source of oil.
- The avocado oil contains no carbs and no proteins.
Avocado oil benefits
It is necessary to have transparency with everything you use for your skin and hair. Everything is not created equally, every thing has its own pros and cons. Avocado helps to heal and polish your skin and hair.
Avocado Oil Benefits for Skin:
- Hydrates the skin
- Make it soft and soothing
- Lightens the dark circle
- Improves skin elasticity
- Protects skin from UV rays
- Treats acne, blackheads
- Effective on eczema and psoriasis
- Increase collagen metabolism
- Natural sunscreen
Avocado Oil Benefits For Hair:
- Reduce dandruff
- Maintains scalp health
- Treats psoriasis
- Protects from UV rays
- Increase hair growth
How to use Avocado oil for hair
- Massage pure avocado oil into your scalp and on your edges, to promote blood circulation.
- It will moisturize the scalp, strengthen the roots, and encourage the hair growth.
- Use avocado oil as a catalyst for essential oils by adding a couple drops of lavender essential oil, tea tree oil, or your favorite essential oil.
- Apply the oil lightly throughout your hair to lock in moisture, for curls that holds all day.
- Apply avocado oil throughout your hair, as a detangling agent. It can be used as an alternative to conditioner.
- Apply a little extra on your ends with avocado oil to preserve moisture and prevent breakage.
How to use Avocado oil for skin
- As a facial moisturizer: Take a raw avocado and gently rub on your face and leave the extracts on the face for approx 15minutes then wash off your face If you have the avocado oil then gently massage the oil on your face and leave it for overnight. Wash your face in the morning.
- In bath: Add a few drops of avocado oil while you have a bath it will prevent your skin from getting dry after a hot shower bath. You can also add it with your favorite essential oil and get a soft skin.
- As a body moisturizer: take a few drops of avocado oil and apply them on your body after your bath. Remember to pat dry your body before applying the oil. It will make your skin soft and remains long lasting.
12 Best Avocado Oils in India
- Nature's Absolutes Avocado Carrier Oil
- Biotique Bio Cado Avocado Body Massage Oil
- ST. D'VENCE Avocado Coldpressed Oil
- Soulflower Avocado Carrier Oil
- Indus Valley 100% Pure & Natural Carrier Oil
- Nyassa Avocado Cold Pressed Oil
- StBotanica Moroccan Argan Hair Growth Oil
- Ryaal Avocado Oil For Hair Face And Skin
- Aloe Veda Massage Oil - Avocado Oil
- O4U Fresh & Organic cold pressed Avocado Oil
- Kalp Avocado oil-100% Natural Moisturizer
- Speaking Tree Avocado Oil
Best Avocado Hair Oil for Hair
1. O4U Fresh & Organic cold pressed Avocado Oil for hair and skin care | Organic Avocado Oil
This product will give you intense long lasting moisturization to your hair.it makes the hair longer stronger and shiner. It is also beneficial in reducing dandruff and reduce split ends. It repairs the damage hair and lead to healthy hair.
- Makes your hair silky and soft
- Improves circulation on the scalp
- Thicker healthier hair strands
- Stays only for 6 months if at room temperature
- Comes in a glass bottle
2. ST. D'VENCE Avocado Oil 100% Pure and Natural Avocado Coldpressed Carrier Oil
The ST. D'VENCE 100% Pure and Natural Avocado Oil is made of pure avocado and nothing else. Ideal for all skin and hair types, it delivers nourishment wherever it's applied. The only grouse we have that it's slightly more expensive than its competitors, but we assure you, the quality tradeoff makes the spend worth it.
- 100% avocado oil
- Ideal for all skin and hair types
- Comes with a flip-top for easy use
- Doesn't come cheap
3. Indus Valley Avocado Oil 100% Pure & Natural Carrier Oil
The Indus Valley 100% Pure & Natural Carrier Oil is unrefined avocado oil that preserves the fat content of the original fruit. That's why it works really well as an overnight moisturizer for your skin, and a deeply nourishing conditioning mask for your scalp. Whichever way you're applying it, for best results, we recommend you leave it on overnight.
- 100% unrefined avocado oil
- Works really well as a scalp conditioner
- Also doubles as a skin moisturizer
- Calms itchy, irritated skin
4. StBotanica Moroccan Argan Avocado Oil
Avocado oil isn't a main ingredient in the StBotanica Moroccan Argan Hair Growth Oil (With Pure Argan, Jojoba, Coconut, Almond, Castor, Olive, Avocado, Rosemary Oils, vitamin E); instead, it forms one of the many wonderful ingredients that contributes to its super-rich formula. Helps stimulate hair follicles for better, stronger hair growth.
- No parabens, SLS, SLES, or other harmful chemicals
- Contains vitamin E
- No artificial colouring
- Helps with hair growth
- Tames frizz, adds shine
- This is to be used exclusively on hair; you can't use it on your skin
5. Ryaal Avocado Oil 15 Ml For Hair Face And Skin
The Ryaal Avocado Oil 15 Ml For Hair Face And Skin gives you very little quantity, but very high quality. Use it with the dropper as a serum on your skin to improve its elasticity -- which makes your epidermis more resistant to wear and tear from environmental pollutants and ageing. Alternatively, use it on your hair to add shine + tame frizz.
- Pure avocado oil formula
- Comes with a dropper for judicious use of product
- Can be used on both hair and skin
- Little quantity
6. Aloe Veda Avocado Oil- Massage Oil
The Aloe Veda Massage Oil - Avocado Oil is great as a hair or skin oil for all hair and skin types. Comes in a virgin, cold-pressed formulation that preserves avocado's nutritional value. Use it as a serum on your skin, or on your hair to add smoothness, lustre, resilience and stimulate growth. One of the best avocado oils in India.
- Pure, cold-pressed avocado oil
- Can be used as a moisturizer
- Can also be used on hair as a conditioner
Best Avocado Oil for Skin
1. Nature's Absolutes Avocado Oil
The Nature's Absolutes Avocado Carrier Oil gives you pure, 100% unadulterated avocado oil. Use it as an overnight mask to add shine and smoothness to dull, dry hair; if you're in a hurry, try a few drops to tame all frizz and flyaways. Otherwise, use it as a glow-giving serum on skin that's lost its natural radiance.
- Pure, 100% avocado oil
- Adds glow to skin that's lost its natural radiance
- Can be used as a hair conditioner to tames frizz, flyaways, add shine and smoothenes to hair
- 30 ml may be too little quantity for some users
2. Biotique Bio Cado Avocado Oil for Stress Relief Body Massage
The Biotique Bio Cado Avocado Stress Relief Body Massage Oil boasts a rich combination formula that blends 0.2% avocado oil, 1.1% almond oil, 0.2% kapoor oil, 5% sesame oil, 7% arandi oil, along with other nourishing herbal ingredients. Use this for an all-body massage to relieve stress and tension while giving your skin real TLC.
- 0.2% avocado oil, 1.1% almond oil, 0.2% kapoor oil, 5% sesame oil, 7% arandi oil formula
- Relieves stress, tension when used for body massages
- Moisturizes skin really well
- Ayurvedic formula
- Rs115Rs135(15% OFF)
3. Kalp Avocado oil-100% Natural Moisturizer
Kalp Avocado oil will allow your skin to deeply penetrate and gives ultimate nourishment. It lightens the skin tone and slowly remove the dead skin cells. It gently cleanses the skin and prevents acne. It also help in curing the dark circles.
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Improves skin texture and colour
- Help in reducing dark spots
- Glass bottle packing
- Comes with a fragrance
4. Speaking Tree - Avocado Carrier Oil
Speaking Tree - Avocado Carrier Oil is one of the best product for your skin and face it helps keep your skin deeply hydrated and gently cleans the skin of impurities. It helps in lighting up dark circles and prevent from wrinkles, scars and reduce the aging effect.
- Workd like a deep tissue moisturizer
- Heals cuts and wonds
- Helps in reducing any skin itchiness and iritation
- May feel sticky
- Needs repeated washes to get rid of
5. Soulflower Avocado Oil
The Soulflower Avocado Carrier Oil comes in a 100%, cold-pressed formulation. Made for use on both hair and skin, it touts varied therapeutic benefits -- from deep conditioning your scalp, strengthening your follicles, healing acne, brightening skin tone and fighting infection to nourishing your skin as it deserves to be nourished.
- 100% cold-pressed avocado oil
- Heals acne, brightens skin tone, adds golden glow
- No synthetic colour, fragrance or harmful chemicals like hexane, silicon or preservatives like parabens
- Deep conditions, strengthens follicles, adds shine
- Just 30 ml of product
6. Nyassa Avocado Cold Pressed Oil
The Nyassa Avocado Cold Pressed Oil may be expensive, but you're assured the formulation is pure, and has been made without SLS, SLES, paraben and animal testing. Reduces age spots, softens skin, heals scars and sun-damaged skin and nourishes scalp -- remember to massage it nicely to improve blood flow for renewed growth.
- Reduces age spots, softens and smooths skin
- Heals scars and sun-damaged skin
- Softens hair and nourishes scalp
- No SLS, SLES, paraben and animal testing
- A higher price point than its competitors
That was the 9 best avocado oils for hair growth in India. Do you have a favourite hair oil? Do you stick to one kind, or are you willing to experiment? Give us a shoutout on our Twitter handle @HotDeals360 to talk to us. And keep watching this space for more hair product recs.