While coconut, olive and almond oils remain favourites, the best castor oils aren't far behind. Especially when it comes to using castor oil for hair growth. Good castor oils stimulate your hair follicles qualifying as one of the best oil for hair growth, battling thinning, hair loss and a range of other pesky problems, while shielding your hair from further damage. And that isn't all − the benefits of castor oil extend to hundreds of non-hair related beauty hacks, too. So if you are wondering which oil is best for hair growth the read on to know what we're talking about, and find out everything you need to know about good castor oil and the benefits of castor oil.
Ahead, the 10 best castor oils for hair growth and more.
What is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is a type of pale-yellow oil extracted from castor beans. It has a wide range of medicinal and cosmetic uses, and is widely hailed as a wonder oil for skin and hair. It's only natural that it is, since it delivers moisture, heals skin and hair with its anti-inflammatory properties, fades blemishes, reduces pigmentation and fights ageing all at once. If you're using it for hair, you'll fight premature greying and loss of volume.
Benefits of Castor Oil
Castor oil is a translucent liquid yellow in color which is beneficial for face, skin, hair, lubrication and cooking. It is helpful in treating constipation and arthritis. Here are some other listed benefits of castor oil.
Boost hair growth
Castor oil may help you in growing your hair just apply the oil on the scalp and leave for at least 2hours then wash off your hair. it treats your hair from dandruff as it is anti-inflammatory.
Heal chapped lips
Castor oil contains vitamin E, antioxidants and other minerals which help treat the skin and restore its health. It is one of the strongest ingredient to cure chapped lips.
May help in treating moles
Take few drops of castor oil and rub it directly on the mole and leave for sometime. Now before going to bed add a pinch of baking soda to the castor oil and put it on the mole and cover it with a bandage. Remove the bandage in the morning and rinse off the area. Use this process until you see noticeable results.
Treat acne and scars
The anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil help in treating the acne and scars. Just clean your face gently and take a moist cloth, apply a few drops of castor oil onto it and rub it on the face in circular motion. It also helps in curing the stretch marks and can be used as a sunscreen as it contains SPF 6 which is effective in removing sunburn.
Delays the sign of aging
Castor oil has the properties to delay signs of aging, it helps in reducing wrinkles. Castor oil may not suit all skin type. It may cause redness, swelling and itching on the skin. Before applying it on your skin do not forget to do a patch test. You can apply the castor oil on your forehead, under eye, chin and around the mouth and wash off the next morning. You can use it as your daily skin routine as it is anti-inflammatory on your skin.
Help treat arthritis
The anti-inflammatory properties of the castor oil help in treating the problem of arthritis. It can be directly used on the affected part or can be taken in the form of capsule thrice a day for four weeks and can see noticeable results.
Improves the texture of face
Castor oil is rich in fatty acids which help in improving the softness and smoothness of the skin.
Help in even skin tone
The fatty acids of castor oil have the property to make your skin healthy and give you an even skin tone all over.
Moisturize the skin
Castor oil contains triglycerides which help in maintaining the moisture in the skin and is considered as the best ingredient to cure dry skin.
How to use castor oil for hair and skin
- If you are suffering from a severe problem of hair loss then you should definitely go for castor oil treatment for at least twice a week.
- Take the desired amount of castor oil heat it on a flame or by rubbing in on your palms before applying it.
- Apply castor oil according to your hair length and massage it on the scalp and let it sit overnight for better results.
- Castor oil has the properties of anti-inflammatory which help in treating the problem of hair loss and dandruff.
- You can also use it for 3-4 times a week to maintain the hydration of your hair.
- Hydrated lips: wish to have soft and smooth lips Castor oil can do wonders to you. Just take a drop of castor oil and apply it on your lips and leave it overnight for better results. You can use it daily to get soft, smooth and clear lips.
- Fuller eyebrows: apply a drop of castor oil on the eyebrows and massage it for a minute. Let it sit for overnight. You can see the results after a week of use.
- Cleaning the skin: take a few drops of castor oil on the cotton ball and clean your face with it. It will help you clean the pores of your skin and make it clean from within by removing the impurities from it.
- Moisturizer: add a extra virgin oil to the castor oil and gently massage it on your body after bath. It will hydrated your skin for the whole day.
Side effects of castor oil:
- Skin rashes
- Abdominal cramps
- Low blood pressure
- Muscle cramp
- Gastrointestinal irritation
- Maybe harmful for kids
Things to remember while you buy castor oil for your hair
- Befor eyou begin to use it is necessary to know that castor oil suits your hair and skin, so do not forget to do a trail befor you buy. Identify the problem of your hair and then take the oil accordingly.
- Do remember to read testimonials for hints.
- Do a test on your eyelids, apply the oil on the eye lids and let it sit overnight to see the results.
- Some people have very sensitive skin, and the use of castor oil may lead to rashes, so it is important to use a drop on your inner arm to see the reaction.
- There are times when your hair needs multiple nutrition, so you can mix it with other essential oils.
- If you are suffering from the problem of hair loss then definitely go for it.
Why is castor oil more popular than other oils
Castor oil has been used from ages for various reasons, but it has recently taken a hype in the section of beauty use. Castor oil not has beauty benefits, but it also has the property to treat arthritis, constipation. It acts as a lubricant on the hurt area. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it different from all other oils. It has a great benefit on the hair and skin. It makes the skin feel rejuvenated giving an even skin tone. It also helps in reducing the signs of aging by reducing the dark circles. It deeply hydrates the skin and hair.
Castor oil is also a boon for your hair, as it promotes hair growth with visible results within a month. Proper use of castor oil can give you various benefits in various ways. It can be consumed in the form of capsule also (please consult your doctor before you begin). A proper intake of castor oil makes the skin and hair healthy. It plays a vital role in any beauty regime.
|Castor Oil||Oil extracted from the seeds of Ricinus communis rich in ricinoleic acid||Improved hair texture and hair growth|
|Avocado Oil||Pulp of avocado rich in oleic acid||Improves hair quality, prevent split ends and frizzy hair|
|Sesame Oil||Sesame seed oil rich in fatty acids acids and Linoleic acid||Prevents excessive oiliness, improve hair quality.|
|Coconut Oil||Extracted from coconut, is rich in saturated fatty acids||Helps retain strength of hair, prevent hair loss, breakage while giving scalp moisturization|
|Argan Oil||Extracted from kernels of Argan tree rich in Vitamin E and necessary fatty acids||Improve the hair growth, protect environmental damage|
|Jojoba Oil||Oil extracted from the seed of the Simmondsia chinensis rich in erucic acid||Prevent dandruff and hair loss|
|Sweet Almond Oil||Extracted from Almonds, rich in triglycerides and several fatty acids||Deep moisturization|
List of 10 Best Castor Oils for Hair Growth and Skin
1. Khadi Omorose Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil - 210 Ml (Leakproof Bottle)
The Khadi Omorose Castor Carrier Oil comes in a 100% pure cold-pressed formulation. Use it on your scalp to control dandruff, add shine and encourage hair regrowth.
PRO TIP: brittle nails? Leave it on your cuticles to soften and condition them.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Dandruff control, adding shine, hair growth
- Rs200Rs250(20% OFF)
2. Aromatique Cold Pressed Castor Oil for Skin, Hair and Eyelashes, Skincare Moisturizer (200 ml)
The Aromatique Cold Pressed Castor Oil is one of the best castor oils for hair growth, free from any artificial additives. Prevents thinning and promotes rapid growth.
PRO TIP: you can also use this as a hydrating mask for dry, chapping lips.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Rapid hair growth, reduction in hair fall
3. Rey Naturals Cold Pressed Castor Oil, 200ml
Rich in vitamins and fatty acids, the Rey Naturals Cold Pressed Castor Oil, 200ml receives a 4-star rating from 500+ users, making it one of the best castor oils.
PRO TIP: for better absorption, heat 1-2 tbsps for 30 seconds before application.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Relieving a dry scalp, adding volume to your hair
4. Pure & Sure Castor Oil, 500ml
Made from castor seed grown in Karnataka, the Pure & Sure Castor Oil, 500ml packs quality at an aggressive price point, receiving a 4-star rating from 1100+ users.
PRO TIP: make your own super-conditioner by mixing 1 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tbsp castor oil
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Detangling hair, adding gloss, improving growth
5. Wishcare Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil For Hair & Skin (200Ml)
The Wishcare Premium Cold Pressed Castor Oil is made from castor seeds grown in Kerala, and comes with a flip-top + comb applicator for easy use.
PRO TIP: use it on a cotton pad as a makeup remover before cleansing your face.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Adding thickness, reducing breakage, improving growth
6. Soulflower Castor oil for hair growth, 100% Natural, Cold pressed, Moisturizing & Healing
The Soulflower Castor Oil is among the best castor oils for hair growth, that will help undo hair damage to reveal softer, shinier tresses. Receives a 4-star rating from 800+ customers.
PRO TIP: mix 1 tbsp castor oil + 1 tbsp bhringraj oil to fix split ends.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Adding softness, adding lustre, fighting greying
7. The Oil Factory Cold Pressed 100% Pure Castor Oil - 250 Ml
The Oil Factory Cold Pressed 100% Pure Castor Oil is made from the best castor seeds using a hexane-free extraction process. Use it to stop hair fall in its tracks.
PRO TIP: mix a few drops with a body moisturizer and leave it on overnight to get supple skin.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Reducing hair fall, improving hair growth
- Rs160Rs320(50% OFF)
8. Finn Naturals Organic Castor Oil, 200ml
The Finn Naturals Organic Castor Oil promotes hair growth, fights dandruff, kills scalp infections, and softens the appearance of split ends.
PRO TIP: mix 2 tbsp castor oil + 1 tbsp almond oil and leave the solution on overnight to revive your strands.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Promoting hair growth, fighting dandruff, killing scalp infection
9. Nature's Absolutes Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil, 200ml
The Nature's Absolutes Cold Pressed Castor Carrier Oil, 200ml comes with a flip-top and will help you beat an array of hair issues, including hair thinning and hair loss.
PRO TIP: mix it with a drop of lavender essential oil - it'll leave your hair smelling like flowers.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Fighting split ends, fighting thinning and hair loss
- Rs175Rs300(42% OFF)
10. Morpheme Remedies Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil For Hair & Skin Care, 120ml
The Morpheme Remedies Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil is one of the best castor oils for hair growth that receives a 4-star rating from 270+ users.
PRO TIP: want thicker brows? Castor oil promotes hair growth, so use it abundantly on your eyebrows.
PRODUCT BENEFIT: Adding softness, imparting gloss, adding thickness
- Rs179Rs199(10% OFF)
Which are your favourite castor oils for hair in India? We'd love to hear from you, so Tweet to us @HotDeals360.