The way we use our media has changed rapidly in the recent past. With so many popular TV series bustling for intentness by the viewers these days, the viewers almost need special powers to separate the truly great from the supremely mediocre TV series. The rise of the streaming network has completely revolutionized the way most watched TV series and seasons were produced. Whether you’ve been binge-watching your whole life or recently slid into the habit, there are some best TV series that are just perfect to mainline as quickly as possible. Just like the past few years, a number of TV series and miniseries have made the viewers tune into them.
Best TV Series
Here is a list of best TV series and miniseries that have been successful in making a cut.
1. Game of Thrones (GOT)
3. The walking Dead
4. The Big Bang Theory
1. Game of Thrones (GOT)
Game of Thrones (GOT) one of the most watched TV series is an American drama based on George R.R. Martin’s series of fantasy novel Song of Ice and Fire. The first series of GOT was premiered on HBO in the year 2011. Since then GOT has released 7 seasons. With 7 episodes in a season the season 7 of GOT ended on August 27th. Game of Thrones has inveigled record viewership on HBO. Here are some interesting facts that might change the way look at GoT.
- Considered to be one of the most expensive shows, the GoT, its single episode costs 6 times as much as a single episode of The Big Bang Theory. Some of the episodes of GoT was reported to cost more than $6
- The GoT season has done a great deal of good to the economy of Northern Ireland. It is reported that the GoT has brought more than $100 million to the economy of the nation.
- David Benioff and Daniel Brett Weiss were able to convince George R.R.Martin to let them adopt his book series to a video season only after answering the question, “Who is Jon Snow’s Mother?” correctly
- Costume designing is one of the most time taking task for the makers of GoT. It takes around more than 2 weeks to design a single costume. That is why the GoT wins the Emmy Award for Best Costumes.
- GoT even has an Emmy Award to its name for Title Credits. Dinklage inspite of being a supporting character was once the most paid actors of GoT.
Watch here : http://www.hotstar.com/tv/game-of-thrones/8184
Produced by Universal Cable, Suits is an American legal drama TV series which is the brain child of Aaron Korsh. Suits was first premiered in the year 2011 and since then it has telecasted 7 seasons. It is also one of the most popular TV series of the recent times. The story revolves around a fictional law firm in USA. The lead characters of the show are Mike Ross who is a college dropout and works as a lae associate with Harvy Specter.
- The photo credits to all the amazing photos in Rachel’s office goes to Patrick Adams (Mike Ross), who is a brilliant photographer and loves photography in his free time.
- Though the Suits series is based in New York the shoot has been done in Toronto.
- Gabriel Macht (Harvy Spector) and Sarah Rafferty (Spector’s Secretary) are real life close friends, their friendship dates back to 20 years ago. It was actually on Gabriel’s recommendation that Sarah won the role.
- The title of this series was originally thought to be Legal Minds, since it was based in and around a legal firm.
- The beautiful and talented actress Meghan Markle is currently dating the one of the most eligible bachelors as Prince Harry. She even accompanied Prince Harry to Pippa Middleton’s wedding early in July 2017.
3. The Walking Dead
Developed by Frank Darabont The Walking Dead is an American horror series telecasted on AMC. Listed amongst one of the best TV series, The Walking Dead is based on a comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard. Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) is the lead character in the series, who is suddenly awaken by from coma, on discovering a world run by zombies. The Walking Dead was first premiered in USA in the year 2010, till then 7 seasons have been successfully run with a huge number of viewership. The eighth season is expected to go on air from October 2017.
- If ever you have been an avid viewer of The Walking Dead series you would easily get to know that the Logo of the season has been continuously decaying.
- It’s not only the Logo that is decaying but even the Zombies in the show are worsening in their looks, makeup to increase the intent of the characters. This hints that towards the end of the season Zombies will be successful in conquering the world.
- The makers had initially approached HBO for the telecast, but the channel refused to telecast the story with its original script as it had a lot of violent content. The channel asked the makers to cut down on the violence and then they would telecast. The makers then approached AMC, with the same story line and they accepted the proposal.
- The Walking Dead series has been shot by Kodak’s Super 16mm camera even in this digitalized era. Due to the lack of control and smaller size of the cameras allowed for a more creative, gorilla style of filmmaking.
- The cast of The Walking Dead use stunt doubles to perform all those risky shots be it running with sharp objects or falling off Bridges from their cars. The most interesting fact is that the stunt double role of Carl is played by a 31 year old lady.
- Bollywood Movies Offers
4. The Big Bang Theory
American situation comedy (Sitcom), The Big Bang Theory (TBBT) is again on of the most watched TV series worldwide. This popular TV series is centered on five leading charecters namely, Leonard Hofstadter, Sheldon Cooper, Penny, Howard Wolowitz, and Raj Koothrappali. Directed by Mark Cendrowski and created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Pardey, this popular TV series was first telecasted in the year 2007, since then the TV series has brought 10 seasons on air. The latest 11th season of the series is to be launched in September this year. Here is a sneak peek to some of the interesting facts about The Big Bang Theory:
- $1 million!!! Yes you got it right this is the, per episode earning of the three main characters of the show individually.
- Jim who plays the role of Sheldon in the series has failed a class on Metrology during his college days.
- The show wasn’t pitched in the traditional way to the CBS Prez. Instead of writing a premise including the outline of the characters and long term vision of the show, the makers directly wrote the script, hired the cast and put on a show for CBS president Les Moonves.
The American sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S. was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman. The first season of this popular TV series was aired in the year 1994 and the show was called off air in the year 2004, after telecasting a total of 10 seasons. The story is based upon 6 friends in the 20’s and 30’s living in Manhattan. The finale episode of the 10th season had a record viewership of 52.5 million people making it one of the most popular TV series. All the 10 seasons of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. had ranked amongst the best TV series with the 8th season taking it to the No.1 spot. Here are few behind the scene facts that we bet you wouldn’t have heard about F.R.I.E.N.D.S.:
- Earlier the cast of six was proposed to be only four with Phoebe and Chandler conceived only as supporting characters, but gradually as the story progressed, these characters fixed up their place as leads.
- Courteney Cox in spite of all his dedication and time to the series is the only regular cast member who has failed to receive any Emmy Award nominations for the show.
- The only person who disapproved of the iconic haircut of Rachel was Jennifer Anniston herself. She personally does not like short layered hair cut for herself.
- Right before the show was aired the cast and crew of the series went on a trip to Vegas for anonymity, as the director believed that once the show will be on air the cast would lose their personal space and anonymity.
- The only two characters who have never locked lips in any way are Monica and Phoebe, everyone else has, if you include off-screen moments and hypothetical "what if?" episodes.