1. PANCHGANI:Around 200 Km away from Mumbai, this place has derived its name from its location. Since it is surrounded by five hills this place came to be known as Panchgani. Panchgani is famous for its scenic view of sunrise and sunset from the valley. Hills on one side and coastal plains on the other makes it the perfect getaway plan for your long weekend getaway. The beautiful view of the sunrise and sunset from the Table Land is a must visit. Apart from the table land, it is also a famous spot amongst the paragliders. The Sydney Point, Devrai Art Village, and Mapro Garden are some other exciting options to look out for in Panchgani. This beautiful hill station is located very close to Mahabaleshwar, so if you have enough time you could visit Mahabaleshwar too.
2. BHANDARDARA:Located in the Sahyadri Ranges of Maharastra, this small hill station is a quiet and calm getaway, around 117 Kms away from the main town. Surrounded by beautiful waterfalls and the lush green forest, this place has all the blessings of nature. This place would be the perfect getaway destination for all those who wish to run away from the hustle –bustle of the city and make some lovely memories with their loved ones in the lap of nature. The Umbrella Falls, Wilson Dam, Radha Falls and the Kalsubai Peak are some places to watch out for in Bhandardara.
3. KOLAD:Situated approximately 100 Km away from Mumbai, Kolad is famous for its cascading waterfalls and picturesque green meadows. With the facility of rafting, rappelling, kayaking etc. Kolad is very quickly developing as an adventure sports destination. Located in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, Kolad is famous for Tamhini Ghats Waterfalls, Bhira Dam, Ghosla Fort and the Kundalika River. This is another perfect long weekend getaway option for you.
4. SILVASSA:Situated close to Vapi, it is the capital of Dadar Nagar Haveli. This place is famous for the combination of industries with prodigal greenery all around. It is bliss for people who love hand made products and handicraft. It is also one of the popular destinations amongst people who love to explore and experiment with food. The food of the local tribe is rich and has countless elements like rice, jowar, wild mushrooms etc. The Vanganga Lake, Lion Safari Wildlife Park, Tribal Museum and the Hirwa Van Garden are some hot spots in the small village.
5. RATNAGIRI:Surrounded by beautiful elements of the nature like hills, sea shores, creeks, rivers, hot water springs, forests and waterfalls, Ratnagiri offers a fresh and rejuvenating experience to the fellow travellers. The world famous Alphonso Mangos comes from the farms of Ratnagiri. Along with the beauty of nature, it also has some majestic forts and architectural structures. The Ratnadrg Fort, Jaigad Fort, Swyambhu Ganpati Temple, Pandre Beach and the Aare Mango Farms are some frequently visited places in Ratnagiri.
6. LONAVALA:Just 83 Km away from Mumbai, Lonavala is the favourite getaway destination amongst the people of Mumbai and other nearby places. It is the best place to spend your monsoon weekend. Hedged with succulent green forest, waterfalls, dams and lakes this is the perfect getaway for nature lovers. With a number of places to visit and many exciting things to do this place promises an enthralling weekend. The Ambey Valley, Karla Caves, Celebrity Wax Museum, Ramachi Fort are only a few names to be mentioned, Lonavala has a lot more to offer to its visitors.
Thus if you had plans to visit any of the frequently visited getaways from Mumbai, just rethink. New is always fresh, try few less visited yet amazing getaways from Mumbai and have a wonderful weekend. Save heavily on your hotel and travel bookings with some online travel buddies.
Cleartrip Offers on Long Weekend Gateways:
- Cleartrip Fantastic Fridaysr: Enjoy upto ₹ 2,800 instant savings on Domestic Flights & Hotels with HSBC Credit CardsAdditional offers
On a minimum purchase of 2500, Get a maximum discount of 1200
Use this coupon code CTHSBCFRIDAY to avail this discount on Cleartrip.
Goibibo Offers on Long Weekend Gateways: