Chemical Exfoliators For Face: Slough The Gunk To Achieve Smoother Skin
Working the top layer of the skin isn't enough when you're wanting to achieve some inner radiance. If you desire healthy skin and a natural glow, then it's the right time to incorporate the best chemical exfoliators in your skincare regime. In the below story, find some of the best chemical exfoliators that will effectively peel-off gunk from the deepest layers of the skin and enhance the skin's protection barriers so you can enjoy and maintain healthy and flawless skin.
Skincare Tip To Follow While Using Chemical Exfoliators: Always apply sunscreen to protect the skin from further damage as chemical actives can make the skin prone to blemishes, pigmentation, and dullness.
Must-Have Chemical Exfoliators For Your Skincare Regime
1. The Ordinary Peeling Solution 30ml AHA 30% + BHA 2%
This chemical peel is highly concentrated with a pH level of 3.6, and just 10-minutes of exfoliation can give you clear and glowing skin. It is a water-based exfoliating mask that has 30% AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and 2% BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) in it. AHA helps to exfoliate the upper layer of the skin making it bright while BHA works on a deeper layer of the skin and helps in deep cleansing of the pores. This chemical peel helps to boost the radiance of the skin by fighting and reducing blemishes.
The Ordinary Peeling Solution 30ml AHA 30% + BHA 2%
2. Paula's Choice SKIN PERFECTION 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant
This chemical exfoliator is an 8% AHA exfoliant gel that contains the richness of glycolic acid which exfoliates the skin resulting in smoothening of fine lines and wrinkles on the face. It is a weightless gel based exfoliator that not only detoxifies the skin but also softens, refines and evens out the skin tone. It also has green tea leaf and chamomile extracts that aid fading of blemishes and age spots, making the skin appear clean, firm, and flawless.
Paula's Choice SKIN PERFECTING 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant with Glycolic Acid Chamomile & Green Tea, 100 ml Pump Leave-On Gentle Exfoliator
3. Clinique – Clarifying Lotion
This chemical peel helps dissolve dead skin cells from the upper layer of the skin and pull out impurities from the more deeper layers. It helps in boosting the moisture absorption ability of the skin and gives an immediate cooling effect to the skin, making it look fresh and rejuvenated. This chemical peel exfoliator promotes skin cell renewal that helps boost the elasticity of the skin, and makes the skin soft, plump, and radiant.
Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2 200ml/6.7Oz
4. Dot & Key 10% AHA + 2% BHA Hydro Peel Glow Potion
This chemical peel is an exfoliating serum that contains natural fruit acids extracted from pineapple, green apple, tomatoes and grapefruit which refine the skin and make it look smooth and radiant. It is a combination of 10% glycolic acid, lactic acid and 2% BHA that revitalise the skin by reducing dark spots, rough patches and uneven skin tone. It also contains willow bark and borage oil that have anti-inflammatory properties which help reverse skin damage and dullness, resulting in naturally glowing skin.
Dot & Key 10% AHA + 2% BHA Hydro Peel Glow Potion, 30ml, Exfoliating Serum with Glycolic, Lactic acids for skin glow, Paraben Free, AHA BHA Peeling Solution
5. Minimalist AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
This chemical exfoliator is a peeling solution that helps to lighten and brighten the skin tone. It is a blend of AHA (lactic acid, glycolic acid and mandelic acid) and PHA that help to remove the dead skin cells while BHA (salicylic acid) helps to deep cleanse the pores and remove blackheads. It also has turmeric extracts and aloe extracts that soothe and reduce the skin irritation caused by chemical actives. It also shields skin against UV radiations and environmental damage.
Minimalist AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution for Glowing Skin, Smooth Texture & Pore Cleansing | Weekend Facial Exfoliant or Peel | 30ml
6. Dr. Sheth's Basic Brightening Extra Gentle Daily Peel
This chemical peel has AHA (5% glycolic acid and 5% lactic acid) that help in immediate and long term exfoliation of the skin. It not only deeply exfoliates the skin but also helps to remove dead skin cells resulting in reduced dark spots and blemishes on the skin. It contains oat sugars, lecithin and glycerine that help to hydrate the skin while pomegranate and grapefruit extract help in enhancing the tone of the skin. It also has calendula that helps in soothing and calming the irritated skin. This chemical peel is formulated for Indian skin tones, and helps get rid of uneven skin tone and pigmentation.
Dr. Sheth's Extra Gentle Peel (Vegan) With Aha Glycolic And Lactic Acid For Even Tone & Radiant Skin, 50ml
Why Chemical Exfoliators Are Better Than Physical Exfoliators?
- Physical exfoliators are those that require manual scrubbing out of all the dirt and gunk from the skin, whereas chemical exfoliators are to be applied on the face and left for a few minutes and then washed off.
- Physical exfoliators mainly work on the top layer of the skin, while the chemical ones work on a deeper level.
- Since physical exfoliants involve scrubbing of the skin, they can cause micro-tears on the skin but as chemical exfoliants are considered safe (provided you are using the right amount of concentration) as these do not involve any physical action to detoxify the skin.
- If you are a beginner with chemical actives, it is always advisable to start using actives with the lowest percentage and gradually increase the percentage level so that your skin adapts the concentration and works effectively to slough-off dead skin cells and other impurities from within.
Chemical Exfoliants Vs Physical Exfoliants
- Do not involve scrubbing on the skin
- Do not require physical scrubbing as they dissolve the gunk and peel out the impurities
- Work on deeper layers of the skin
- Can cause purging but resolve major skin concerns on a long-run
- To be used once in 10 days
- Start with the lowest percentage of active and gradually increase it
- Enhance and restore the protective barrier of the skin that results in improved skin texture
- Involve scrubbing that can cause micro-tears
- Require gentle scrubbing
- Work only on the upper layer of the skin
- Do not cause purging and effective only for a few days
- Can be used 2-3 times a week
- You can directly start using it on your skin as it requires no concentration awareness
- Can cause wear-and-tear that can damage the texture of the skin
Best Chemical Exfoliators for Face With Price
|Product||Price in India|
|The Ordinary Peeling Solution 30ml AHA 30% + BHA 2%||₹ 1,470|
|Paula's Choice SKIN PERFECTING 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant with Glycolic Acid Chamomile & Green Tea, 100 ml Pump Leave-On Gentle Exfoliator||₹ 2,430|
|Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2 200ml/6.7Oz||₹ 3,583|
|Dot & Key 10% AHA + 2% BHA Hydro Peel Glow Potion, 30ml, Exfoliating Serum with Glycolic, Lactic acids for skin glow, Paraben Free, AHA BHA Peeling Solution||₹ 1,095|
|Minimalist AHA 25% + PHA 5% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution for Glowing Skin, Smooth Texture & Pore Cleansing | Weekend Facial Exfoliant or Peel | 30ml||₹ 699|
|Dr. Sheth's Extra Gentle Peel (Vegan) With Aha Glycolic And Lactic Acid For Even Tone & Radiant Skin, 50ml||₹ 490|
Viveka is known to her friends as a movie junkie who is also a creative fashion enthusiast in red lipstick. She's passionate about writing! Be it fashion, beauty or movies she is pro. In her free time, she loves to play badminton, cook and binge watch movies. She's also a great observer who has a quirky take on various things, well only close ones know this. Nothing stops her from personifying the creative game.