Best Sunscreens For Men: Skin Protection Should Be Of Utmost Priority
A lot of men are least concerned about their skin and even not aware which skincare products to use on their face to keep the glow intact and their skin healthy. However, their skin's exposure to sun rays can cause early skin ageing and various skin problems, which altogether means damaged skin and texture. To keep your skin protected from the harmful radiations of the sun and other environmental damage, we bring you some best sunscreens for men that'll not only protect the skin, but also help restore the natural radiance with its regular usage. Below, we have for you a hand-picked list of the best sunscreens for men, from which you can pick the suitable one and begin to pamper your skin.
Best Sunscreens For Men
- The Derma Co 1% Hyaluronic Sunscreen Aqua Ultra Light Gel with SPF 50 PA++++
- Re' Equil Ultra Matte Dry Touch Sunscreen Gel Spf 50 Pa++++
- Conscious Chemist™ Hybrid Lightweight Gel Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++
- LISEN Korean Sunscreen with SPF 50+ PA+++
- Neutrogena Ultra sheer Sunscreen, SPF 50+
- Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen SPF50 PA+++
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock Lotion SPF 40
- Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50
- Dr. Sheth's Sunscreen SPF 50 Cream with Ceramide & Vitamin C
- VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Crème SPF 60 PA+++
1. The Derma Co 1% Hyaluronic Sunscreen Aqua Ultra Light Gel with SPF 50 PA++++This is the one of the most popular sunscreen that is formulated with the combination of Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E that for a great formula which help protects from sun damage without leaving any white cast. It not just provides protection against UVA rays but also protects your skin from blue light that is emitted from several electronic devices. This suncreen keeps the skin hydrated and also also help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Re' Equil Ultra Matte Dry Touch Sunscreen Gel Spf 50 Pa++++This sunscreen gel offers the highest UVA protection PA++++ with IR protection that ensures that your skin is safe and well-guarded from the harmful UVA, UVB, and other infrared radiations. It has sunscreen filters such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide that form a unique combination of physical filters like organic hybrid and mineral sunscreen filters, which do not penetrate deep into the skin but still provide a broad spectrum coverage and safe protection. This sunscreen does not melt easily as it is water-resistant which can be a perfect pick for swimmers, cricketers, and other sports persons.
3. Conscious Chemist™ Hybrid Lightweight Gel Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++This hybrid sunscreen oil-free formulation is equipped with double gel network technology that ensures protection against sun rays and UV rays without leaving a white cast. This is a light-weight sunscreen comes with Ceramide and Antioxidant complex that help provides intensive hydration and ultimate protection against free radical damage. It leaves your skin with dewey finish post application and works wonders against free radicals damage.
Conscious Chemist™ Hybrid Lightweight Gel Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++ | UVA/UVB Protection | with Ceramides & Milk Thistle Extract | For Men & Women | All Skin Types | No White Cast | Fragrance Free,Cruelty Free | 50ml₹ 499₹ 599 (17% off)
4. LISEN Korean Sunscreen with SPF 50+ PA+++This sunscreen for men is formulated with the goodness of Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Centella Asiatica, Anti Pore-Dex Complex and Vitamin E that help blocks harmful sun rays. It comes with anti-inflammatory properties that not only bolster skin hydration but also help repair dry skin that feels dry and irritated. This sunscreen is not only great for sensitive skin but also suitable for acne-prone skin as it does not clogged pores.
LISEN Soothing Shade SPF 50 + PA +++ Sunscreen, 60 Ml | Lightweight, Sweatproof & Non-Greasy | Formulated with Zinc Oxide + Titanium Dioxide (Women & Men) For All Skin Types ( Acne Prone Skin) | Free from Parabens₹ 1,500
5. Neutrogena Ultra sheer Sunscreen, SPF 50+This sunscreen contains the goodness of oat kernel extract and is equipped with exclusive Helioplex technology and SPF 50+ that provides you with complete sun protection from harmful sun rays. Its dry-touch feature prevents the skin from looking shiny, without clogging the pores. It has a pleasant scent that provides a soothing effect, which makes you feel fresh all day. This sunscreen forms a barrier to sun rays and allows your skin to breathe freely which makes it look healthy and radiant all the time.Exclusive
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock, SPF 50+, 30ml₹ 199
6. Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen SPF50 PA+++This sunscreen is enriched with Kaolin clay and Lemon extract that help control unwanted sebum to leave your skin with clear matte look. The unique water-based sunscreen lotion is light-weight, non-sticky and quick absorbing that works beautifully in protecting against the sun rays and harmful radiations. It helps clear dark spots, pigmentations and sunburns.
7. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock Lotion SPF 40This sunscreen contains birch extract, mallow extract and hops extract which help nourish, firm and protect the skin instantly from the harmful UVA / UVB sun rays with the SPF 40 that offers broad-spectrum coverage. It is a tinted moisturiser that mimics BB cream, skin brightener and sunblock, all in one, which is suitable for all skin types. It is also lightweight and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.Popular
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock, SPF 40, 100g₹ 348₹ 425 (18% off)
8. Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50This sunscreen is formulated with 4 very effective UV-filters like Avobenzone, Octocrylene, Uvinul T 150 and Titanium Dioxide to provide sun protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. The formula of this sunscreen contains the goodness of Vitamin A, E, F, B3 and B5 that not only soothes, hydrates and nourishes the skin but also repairs skin after prolonged sun exposure. This sunscreen works like lightweight moisturiser and does not leave any white cast on the skin.
9. Dr. Sheth's Sunscreen SPF 50 Cream with Ceramide & Vitamin CThis sunscreen for men is loaded with the goodness of Ceramide, Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Mineral filters and Orgnic filters which makes it suitable for people with oily skin types. It keeps the skin hydrated by holding moisture to gives you healthy and plumpier looking skin. Ceramides restores the skin barrier and keeps it moisturised throughout the day. This sunscreen also combats skin problems like hyper-pigmentation, prevent fine lines and wrinkles. It protecting your skin from sun damage and the harmful UV rays, pollution damage and blue light.
10. VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Crème SPF 60 PA+++This sunscreen gel-cream for men is enriched with the goodness of ceramide III, niacinamide, olive oil, aloe vera extract, cucumber extract, grape extract and carrot extract which help to deeply nourish the skin and shield it against the harmful radiations of the sun. It has a powerful SPF of 60 that offers a broad-spectrum protection from sun's UVA and UVB rays. It also helps to fight& ageing signs, skin darkening, tanning and dull skin. The sunscreen is suitable for all skin types, and this is what makes it one of the best sunscreens for men.
How Much Sunscreen Should You Apply
Ideally, the two-finger rule is must when it comes to applying sunscreen. Squeeze out sunscreens onto the index and middle finger from top to bottom. This quantity is adequate for your entire face, neck and ears.
When Is The Right Time To Apply Sunscreen
- The right to apply sunscreen is soon after you're done with your CTM routine.
- Yes, men should also follow a skincare routine to maintain great skin.
- Apply sunscreen soon after applying moisturiser on you face, neck and ears, ideally 15-20 minutes before you heading out.
- Reapplication of sunscreen should be done every 3 hours when outdoors.
- Also, if you are a swimmer, make sure to apply water-resistant sunscreen before diving into the water and after you are done with swimming.
Buying guide for Men Sunscreens
Adding a sunblock to your daily routine is a mandate, and if you are someone who has been ignoring this step ever since then its time for a wake-up alarm. To enjoy healthy skin, you must ensure to take ever step out only with a sunscreen on. Mens' skin health is equally important and skin layers and cells are equally susceptible to damage by sun, hence a good sunscreen becomes a must. Let's look at what are the important things you must look at when buying a sunscreen.
- SPF protection: The amount of exposure that your skin undergoes is what will undermine the amount of SPF you need. If you are moderately out in the sun, then a mild SPF of about 15-20 should be good enough; but if you are someone who is exposed to direct sunlight and for long hours then stronger protection is what you need, and that means about 30-50 SPF protection.
- Waterproof: Your sunscreen must be waterproof and sweatproof if you spend time in a swimming pool or a beach. Your sunscreen is “water-resistant” if it can stay effective up till 40mins of exposure in water and your sunscreen is “very water-resistant” if it can last up to 80mins. No matter how much time you are spending in the water it is mandated that once you step out you layer up another coat and no questions asked on this one if you're serious about healthy skin.
- Ingredient effectiveness: The ingredients which are actual sunblocks are what you can look out for in your sunscreens and if these are missing you can assume the sunscreen is not as effective as it claims. The sunblock ingredients like – zinc oxide, avobenzone and titanium dioxide are the active sun-blocking ingredients in your sunscreen that you should be looking out for.
- Storage: The storage of your sunscreen defines its effectiveness over time. When you have been able to boil down to that perfect sunscreen make sure you are also storing it at the right place avoiding any direct sunlight exposure. Direct sunlight on a sunscreen bottle or tube means the ingredients are now becoming less effective and losing their potency.
The Bottom Line
Irrespective of the gender, sunscreen should be an essential part of your skincare routine. It not only protects your skin from sun damage but also shields your skin from various skin concerns. So, wait no more and start using the best sunscreen for men, immediately. Thank us later.
Frequently Asked Question About Best Sunscreens for Men
Q. How often should we reapply sunscreen when out in the sun?
A. Depending on the SPF protection, consistency, waterproof and sweatproof capabilities you will need to reapply every 2 hours or at least 30 minutes.
Q. Can we combine sunscreen with a moisturiser?
A. It is not a great idea to mix 2 different products hence it's not recommended to mix sunscreen with a moisturiser. Most of the sunscreens come with a moisturising agent which help in keeping your skin moisturised and nourished.
Q. What is a good SPF for daily application?
A. A good SPF is about 20-30 which can be applied every day for daily protection, whereas SPF of 40-70 is apt for beach and pool exposure.
Q. Does SPF stop skin tanning?
A. A sunscreen is only a sunblock and protection layer on your skin, any amount of SPF or reapplication does not mean you are safe not exposed, your sunscreen only forms a protective layer on your skin, ultimately sun damage and its effect does penetrate with overexposure and this also depends on the skin type you have. If your skin is sun-sensitive then any amount of sunscreen will not be able to complete the sun protection you need.
Best Sunscreens for Men With Price
|Best Sunscreens For Men: Skin Protection Should Be Of Utmost Priority||Price in India|
|The Derma Co 1% Hyaluronic Sunscreen Aqua Ultra Light Gel with SPF 50 PA++++ For Broad Spectrum, UV A, UV B & Blue Light Protection - 50g(dermaco)||₹ 398|
|Re' Equil Ultra Matte Dry Touch Sunscreen Gel Spf 50 Pa++++, Water Resistant With Zinc Oxide And Titanium Dioxide 50G||₹ 585|
|Conscious Chemist™ Hybrid Lightweight Gel Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++ | UVA/UVB Protection | with Ceramides & Milk Thistle Extract | For Men & Women | All Skin Types | No White Cast | Fragrance Free,Cruelty Free | 50ml||₹ 499|
|LISEN Soothing Shade SPF 50 + PA +++ Sunscreen, 60 Ml | Lightweight, Sweatproof & Non-Greasy | Formulated with Zinc Oxide + Titanium Dioxide (Women & Men) For All Skin Types ( Acne Prone Skin) | Free from Parabens||₹ 1,500|
|Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock, SPF 50+, 30ml||₹ 199|
|Lacto Calamine Sunshield Matte Look Sunscreen SPF50 PA+++ for Oily or Acne prone skin, Very Water Resistant, Paraben & Sulphate free, 50g||₹ 159|
|Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock, SPF 40, 100g||₹ 348|
|Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50 Lightweight, 50 gm||₹ 371|
|Dr. Sheths Sunscreen SPF 50 Cream | Zero White Cast | 50g||₹ 399|
|VLCC Water Resistant Sun Screen Gel Cream SPF 60||₹ 428|
Viveka is known to her friends as a movie junkie who is also a creative fashion enthusiast in red lipstick. She's passionate about writing! Be it fashion, beauty or movies she is pro. In her free time, she loves to play badminton, cook and binge watch movies. She's also a great observer who has a quirky take on various things, well only close ones know this. Nothing stops her from personifying the creative game.