Best Toners for Oily Skin: Reduce Sebum To Shield Your Skin From Acne, Breakouts
Toners often get neglected in our skincare routines. But when it comes to oily skin types, toners play a vital role when it comes to providing skin benefits, and thus is an important product to have in your arsenal.
People with oily skin know the struggle they have to face everyday, which is caused due to excessive sebum that often leads to dullness, breakouts and more. In that case, it becomes necessary to follow a healthy skincare regime that involves the basic skincare steps- cleansing, toning and moisturising as washing face is not enough, and therefore comes the requirement to grab the best skin toner for oily skin type.
- Why Toners For Oily Skin Is Essential
- What To Look For When Buying A Toner For Oily Skin
- Benefits Of Using A Skin Toner For Oily Skin
- Best Toners for Oily Skin To Reduce Sebum, Maintain Flawless Skin
Why Toners For Oily Skin Is Essential
Toners are good and an essential skincare product as it helps to balance the pH level of the skin by penetrating into the pores to thoroughly cleanse and help enhance your texture and complexion.
Toners can remove excess oil, inhibit blackheads, and exfoliate—all skin related problems associated with oily, acne-prone skin and therefore a high-quality toner is considered oily skin's new partner in crime. We have compiled a list of the best toners for oily skin, and that help achieve a radiant and flawless skin. Have a look!
What To Look For When Buying A Toner For Oily Skin
- Determine your skin type to pick best toner for oily skin.
- Look for Exfoliating or skin-clearing ingredients like alpha- or beta-hydroxy acids and sulfur as they help clear pores, reduce sebum and chemically exfoliate to give you healthier looking skin.
- Ensure that your toner contains the goodness of hydrating and calming ingredients like niacinamide, aloe vera and more that prevents the risk of over-drying or irritation and rather help soothe the inflammation and hydrate the dryness, if any.
- Opt for alcohol-free formula.
- Run a patch test before using toner regularly in your skincare regime.
- Consider your budget while picking the suitable toner for oily skin for yourself.
Benefits Of Using A Skin Toner For Oily Skin
Here are a few reasons to consider while picking your facial toner for oily skin. Continue reading to understand why facial toners are a must to help improve your self-care:
- Deeply cleanses your skin
- Helps tackle inflammation and skin irritation
- Provides hydration to the skin
- Maintains the pH balance
- Helps fight ageing signs
- Helps shrink large pores
- Keeps a check on excessive oil production
- Prevents dullness and breakouts
- Clarifies the skin to make it look fresh and radiant
- Can act as a make-up remover
Best Toners for Oily Skin To Reduce Sebum, Maintain Flawless Skin
- Paulas Choice 2% BHA Skin Perfecting Exfoliant Liquid
- Innisfree Bija Trouble Skin Toner
- COSRX AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT Toner
- Dot & Key Cica Calming Skin Clarifying Toner
- Plum Green Tea Alcohol Free Toner
- Minimalist PHA 3% Alcohol Free Face Toner
- Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose Water
- DERMATOUCH Alcohol Free Face Toner
- Good Vibes Rose Glow Toner
- SNP Prep Peptaronic Toner
- Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin Toner Ex
1. Paulas Choice 2% BHA Skin Perfecting Exfoliant LiquidThis exfoliating toner from Paulas Choice is a one-stop solution when it comes to skin concerns related to oily skin. The blend of Salicylic acid and Green tea forms a great formula that helps combat acne, blackheads and whiteheads. This fragrance-free toner for oily skin penetrates to cleanse your pore and reduce ageing signs like wrinkles and fine lines. Wait no more and sop this miraculous product which is perfect for oily and combination skin types.
2. Innisfree Bija Trouble Skin TonerInnisfree Bija Trouble Skin Toner is formulated with Salicylic acid which is a scientifically proven ingredient which helps to reduce sebum production and controls acne. This toner has no parabens, mineral oil, synthetic colourants, animal-originated ingredients and artificial fragrances. Korean beauty is the big thing now and this brand is a great option to go for.
3. COSRX AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT TonerIf you have been active on social media that we assume you have you must know about this Korean skincare magic from COSRX. AHA and BHA are best to be used on oily skin. They help to control oil production, reduce acne marks and mildly exfoliate your skin. Just make sure to not forget your sunscreen after using it and you are good to go.
4. Dot & Key Cica Calming Skin Clarifying TonerThis Dot & Key toner is enriched with the goodness of Green Tea and Niacinamide. Green tea is known for controlling acne and excess oils, Niacinamide is a versatile product that provides many benefits to the skin like minimising pore appearance and reducing hyperpigmentation. This is a budget toner so if you are a teenager or just building your skincare this a good option to try out.
5. Plum Green Tea Alcohol Free TonerThis is again a budget-friendly option with rich ingredients. This toner helps in tightening pores which gives a youth full look to the skin. This toner is free from alcohol, paraben and phthalate. The combination of oily skin types can benefit from this toner a lot. For our lovely vegan viewers, this is a match made in heaven as this is 100% vegan.
6. Minimalist PHA 3% Alcohol Free Face TonerMinimalist PHA 3% Alcohol Free face toner contains the goodness of PHA Polyhydroxy acid which is a mild ingredient which exfoliates along with hydrating. This toner is for all skin types because this toner literally DOES IT ALL. This toner reduces large pores and provides mild exfoliation, hydrates and renews skin and balances the skin microbiome.
Minimalist PHA 3% Alcohol Free Face Toner, 150 ml | Pore Tightening & Mild Exfoliation For Oily, Acne Prone, Sensitive & Normal Skin | Hydrating Face Toner For Glowing Skin₹ 379₹ 399 (5% off)
7. Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose WaterNow if you are scared of using actives like Salicylic acid or Glycolic acid on your skin and want to go for the basics of products that provide similar skin benefits, then rose water is a decent option to start with. Kama Ayurveda as a brand combines traditional skin care with new technology. This rose water is pure and does what it claims.
8. DERMATOUCH Alcohol Free Face TonerThis skin toner contains the goodness of Salicylic and Glycolic Acid which targets both acne and blemishes. It also controls excess sebum production and also helps improve the overall texture and complexion of the skin. This toner is alcohol-free and works to restore the natural pH of your skin. Glycolic acid leaves you with super healthy and glowy-looking skin, which means we wouldn't want to miss using this face toner in our skincare routine.
9. Good Vibes Rose Glow TonerThis toner contains the goodness of natural ingredients, which help in toning, firming and balancing pH levels, thus leaving the skin glowing and radiant. This toner sloughs off grime and dirt from the deepest layers of the skin and deeply hydrates it, resulting in minimising the appearance of pores. This toner helps in diminishing blemishes to give out an even tone, which makes skin look clear and radiant. This face toner falls in budget-friendly category.
Good Vibes Rose Glow Toner 120 ml, Hydrating Light Weight Anti Ageing Nourishing Moisturizing Brightening Revitalising for All Skin Types, Natural, No Alcohol, Parabens & Sulphates, No Animal Testing₹ 169₹ 205 (18% off)
10. SNP Prep Peptaronic TonerThis toner has the supremely hydrating master ingredient, hyaluronic acid. This is a highly rich formula which gets deep into 5 layers of your skin. This toner also has Peptides which give bounce to your skin and invigorates skin to its natural glow. This is a scientifically formulated product which gives you the most benefits of its ingredients.
11. Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin Toner ExOnce again, making the list is our beloved Innisfree. It gives immense hydration to oily skin which puts your skin's oil production to pause and eventually reduces in the longer run. This has Green tea extract which is beneficial for your skin and glows. Green Tea contains Vitamin E which nourishes and hydrates the skin. Now, these are bangs for your buck!!!!!
Best Toners for Oily Skin With Price
|Best Toners for Oily Skin: Reduce Sebum To Shield Your Skin From Acne, Breakouts
|Price in India
|Paulas Choice 2% BHA Skin Perfecting Exfoliant Liquid 118 ml
|Innisfree Bija Trouble Skin Toner
|COSRX AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT Toner 150ml (2 PCS)
|Dot & Key Cica Calming Skin Clarifying Toner with Green Tea & Niacinamide | For Acne, Oily & Sensitive Skin | 150ml
|Plum Green Tea Alcohol Free Toner, 200ml
|Minimalist PHA 3% Alcohol Free Face Toner, 150 ml | Pore Tightening & Mild Exfoliation For Oily, Acne Prone, Sensitive & Normal Skin | Hydrating Face Toner For Glowing Skin
|Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose, Pack of 50ml liquid
|DERMATOUCH Alcohol Free Face Toner Drop for Oily skin, Acne Prone, Normal Skin with Salicylic acid and Glycolic acid, Pore Tightening toner for Glowing Skin - 200ML
|Good Vibes Rose Glow Toner 120 ml, Hydrating Light Weight Anti Ageing Nourishing Moisturizing Brightening Revitalising for All Skin Types, Natural, No Alcohol, Parabens & Sulphates, No Animal Testing
|SNP Prep Peptaronic Toner (320ml)
Viveka is known to her friends as a movie junkie who is also a creative fashion enthusiast in red lipstick. She's passionate about writing! Be it fashion, beauty or movies she is pro. In her free time, she loves to play badminton, cook and binge watch movies. She's also a great observer who has a quirky take on various things, well only close ones know this. Nothing stops her from personifying the creative game.