Hair Care Tips For Monsoon: 10 Simple Saviours
Monsoon can be harsh for your tresses, often leading to hair loss or scalp infections. However enjoyable and poetic the rainy season be, it keeps swinging from times of heat to humidity, disturbing the pH balance of your scalp, thereby, enhancing the risk of bacterial or fungal infection. It is, undoubtedly, followed by a reduced hair volume and vicious treasure hunt for fallen hair at tricky corners of your home. All of this mandate taking proper care of your locks, while enjoying these wet mails from the sky. Here are some of the tips, approved by experts for sailing through monsoon.
1. Besides an aesthetic background for a perfect selfie, rain water brings with it several particles which might be harmful for your hair. The challenge is severed with high oil secretion in scalp during the monsoon. This necessitates washing your hair for a minimum of 2-3 times in a week.
Pantene Advanced Hair Fall Solution Anti Hair Fall Shampoo, 340 ml
2. Hair care is lot like taking care of a baby. Do not use waters of extreme temperatures while washing them as it may dry the scalp leading to damage. Also, avoid using hard water for hair wash. Use soft water for the final rinse, if you cannot avoid hard water completely.
CLEO SFU 717 Shower & Tap Filter - For 1/2" Wall Showers, Hand-held Showers & Taps with 24mm Aerators (Matte Silver & Pearl White)
3. Wet hair are a source of infection. Use a micro-fibre towel, which absorbs excess moisture for drying your hair. Using a soft towel also causes minimum friction, thus reducing hair fall.
SOFTSPUN Microfiber Hair and Face Care Towel 340 GSM (Set of 2, Grey)
4. Don't forget to massage your hair with a good conditioner after shampooing to prevent breakage while combing.
TRESemme Smooth and Shine Conditioner, 190ml
5. Tangling and friction with comb often catalyses hair fall. Use a wide tooth comb for detangling your locks.
Fortive Natural Pure Neem Wood Comb Wide Tooth Wooden Comb For Hair Growth For Women And Men (2 pc)
6. However classy your ponytail or tight bun look might be, tied hair are home to accumulated moisture and infections during rains, if not dried properly. Ditch those restricted hair, let them loose and let the winds caress your tresses.
KAVERI WALK Professional Stylish Hot and Cold Blow Hair Dryers for Men and Women with 2 Switch Speed Setting (Black)(2000W/KW-20)
7. To prevent exposure to hair damaging particles and excessive moisture, add a style quotient to your head with a plastic hood, poncho, scarf or trendy hairband.
Vanilla scarf for women style girls stoles for party and wedding head covering scarfs combo
8. While going out, use a leave in conditioner that acts a protective layer for your locks. Apply it gently on tips and mid-lengths. Good smelling is an added advantage!
Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner (All Curl Types), 250ml/8.5oz
9. If you have coloured hair, always condition your locks to prevent the colour from bleeding.
Revlon Outrageous Color Protection Conditioner, 400ml
10. To nourish the hair from within and avoid dehydration, consume foods with adequate amounts of proteins, iron, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
New Tree Roasted Flax Seeds (150g) and Chia Seeds (200g) II Net Combo weight 350g
Hair Care Tips For Monsoon
|Product||Price in India|
|Pantene Advanced Hair Fall Solution Anti Hair Fall Shampoo, 340 ml||₹ 191|
|CLEO SFU 717 Shower & Tap Filter - For 1/2" Wall Showers, Hand-held Showers & Taps with 24mm Aerators (Matte Silver & Pearl White)||₹ 2,890|
|SOFTSPUN Microfiber Hair and Face Care Towel 340 GSM (Set of 2, Grey)||₹ 270|
|TRESemme Smooth And Shine Conditioner||₹ 156|
|Fortive Natural Pure Neem Wood Comb Wide Tooth Wooden Comb For Hair Growth For Women And Men (2 pc)||₹ 240|
|KAVERI WALK Professional Stylish Hot and Cold Blow Hair Dryers for Men and Women with 2 Switch Speed Setting (Black)(2000W/KW-20)||₹ 530|
|Vanilla scarf for women style girls stoles for party and wedding head covering scarfs combo||₹ 675|
|Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner (All Curl Types), 250ml/8.5oz||₹ 4,856|
|Revlon Outrageous Color Protection Conditioner, 400ml||₹ 180|
|New Tree Roasted Flax Seeds (150g) and Chia Seeds (200g) II Net Combo weight 350g||₹ 380|
A multi-media journalist and writer, Vaibhavi views the world as one big piece of poetry. Time and again she tries to capture this poetry through words, as well as, the lens. She loves to explore the depth of human psyche, philosophy, cultures, and oceans! Carrying forward this quest for exploration she reports on various beats ranging from tourism, culture, art, social issues, business, market trends, science and environment to technology. For her, the life mantra can be summarised with the catchphrases, “Hakuna Matata” and “Carpe Diem”.