Monsoon can be harsh for your tresses, often leading to hair loss or scalp infections. However enjoyable and poetic the rainy season be, it keeps swinging from times of heat to humidity, disturbing the pH balance of your scalp, thereby, enhancing the risk of bacterial or fungal infection. It is, undoubtedly, followed by a reduced hair volume and vicious treasure hunt for fallen hair at tricky corners of your home. All of this mandate taking proper care of your locks, while enjoying these wet mails from the sky. Here are some of the tips, approved by experts for sailing through monsoon.
1. Besides an aesthetic background for a perfect selfie, rain water brings with it several particles which might be harmful for your hair. The challenge is severed with high oil secretion in scalp during the monsoon. This necessitates washing your hair for a minimum of 2-3 times in a week.
It contains advanced Pro-V formula and fermented rice water, which significantly reduce hair fall.
2. Hair care is lot like taking care of a baby. Do not use waters of extreme temperatures while washing them as it may dry the scalp leading to damage. Also, avoid using hard water for hair wash. Use soft water for the final rinse, if you cannot avoid hard water completely.
It is equipped with unique 4-layer filter with KDF technology and nano silver carbon. The filter reduces chlorine, effects of hard water and removes impurities, thereby protecting skin.
3. Wet hair are a source of infection. Use a micro-fibre towel, which absorbs excess moisture for drying your hair. Using a soft towel also causes minimum friction, thus reducing hair fall.
The super soft texture helps in quick drying of face and hair.
4. Don't forget to massage your hair with a good conditioner after shampooing to prevent breakage while combing.
Enriched in Vitamin H, Moroccan Argan Oil and silk protein, this conditioner makes your tresses shinier and easy to style. It has especially been formulated for Indian hair & suitable for use with oil treatments
5. Tangling and friction with comb often catalyses hair fall. Use a wide tooth comb for detangling your locks.
The comb improves blood circulation and helps in controlling hair fall and dandruff.
6. However classy your ponytail or tight bun look might be, tied hair are home to accumulated moisture and infections during rains, if not dried properly. Ditch those restricted hair, let them loose and let the winds caress your tresses.
The stylish dryer provides three heat settings and two speed setting. It incorporates patented heat shielding technology and has an artistic ergonomic design.
7. To prevent exposure to hair damaging particles and excessive moisture, add a style quotient to your head with a plastic hood, poncho, scarf or trendy hairband.
These vanilla scarves can go with casual, formal as well as party looks. The Georgette chiffon fabric ups the style quotient and protects hair from rain.
8. While going out, use a leave in conditioner that acts a protective layer for your locks. Apply it gently on tips and mid-lengths. Good smelling is an added advantage!
The moisture lock leave-in conditioner can be used for all hair types. The New York based product protects hair from of side effects of monsoon.
9. If you have coloured hair, always condition your locks to prevent the colour from bleeding.
The conditioner is formulated with ceramides, MPG molecules and silicones for intensive hair protection. It prevents fading of hair colour and adds volume, softness and shine to hair
10. To nourish the hair from within and avoid dehydration, consume foods with adequate amounts of proteins, iron, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
Both the products are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are also rich in antioxidants and fibres and flax seeds are rich in omega 6 fatty acids. Both of them promote good health and boosted immunity.
|Product||Price in India|
|Pantene Advanced Hair Fall Solution Anti Hair Fall Shampoo, 340 ml||₹ 198|
|CLEO SFU 717 Shower & Tap Filter - For 1/2" Wall Showers, Hand-held Showers & Taps with 24mm Aerators (Matte Silver & Pearl White)||₹ 2,295|
|SOFTSPUN Microfiber Hair & Face Care Towel Set of 2 Piece, 40x60 Cms, 340 GSM (Grey). Super Soft & Comfortable, Quick Drying, Ultra Absorbent in Large Size.||₹ 270|
|TRESemme Smooth And Shine Conditioner||₹ 156|
|Fortive Natural Pure Neem Wood Comb Wide Tooth Wooden Comb For Hair Growth For Women And Men (2 pc)||₹ 279|
|KAVERI WALK Professional Stylish Hot and Cold Blow Hair Dryers for Men and Women with 2 Switch Speed Setting (Black)(2000W/KW-20)||₹ 530|
|Vanilla scarf for women style girls stoles for party and wedding head covering scarfs combo||₹ 675|
|Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner (All Curl Types), 250ml/8.5oz||₹ 4,856|
|Revlon Outrageous Color Protection Conditioner, 400ml||₹ 180|
|New Tree Roasted Flax Seeds and Chia Seeds, 350g (Pack of 2)||₹ 381|