Best Pressure Cookers: Cook Up A Quick Good Meal
There is a reason why a pressure cooker is one of the most important kitchen appliances. From making your daily pulses to cooking biryani or baking a cake, a pressure cooker can help with all this and more. Apart from giving consistency to your broth and daals, a pressure cooker can also help speed up the whole process of cooking. Indian cooking style makes a pressure cooker almost mandatory to have in place. We have listed some of the best pressure cookers that you can buy online, a buying guide for the ease of buying and most of your questions answered here.
Best Pressure Cookers
1. Prestige Svachh Aluminium Induction Base Pressure Cooker
These Prestige pressure cookers are no mess cookers that allow cooking without any spillage or leakage, thanks to their unique lid design. The strong anti-bulge induction base ensures that these do not disfigure or bulge, and stay stronger for longer. Durable handles of these pressure cookers don't get heated up and allow easy handling.
2. Pigeon By Stovekraft Favourite Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker is made from high grade virgin aluminum material which is highly durable and strong. This pressure cooker from Pigeon comes with a metallic safety plug to make the cooking process safer. Its ergonomic, user friendly handle makes it easy to use and convenient to handle. This is a 3 litre capacity pressure cooker which makes it ideal for small families.
Pigeon Favourite Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid, 3 Litres, Silver
3. Geek Robocook Automatic Electric Pressure Cooker
Modern homes require modern appliances. This is an electric pressure cooker which works using advanced technology for faster cooking. This pressure cooker has been made based on the fundamentals of a basic pressure cooker and is improvised with 7-safety guards for efficient, mess free cooking. Programmable intelligent cooking offers 11 functions and this cooker can be controlled using an app as well.
Geek Robocook Zeta 5 liter Electric Pressure Cooker with NS Pot, Black
4. Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Aluminium Pressure Cooker
This is a 3 litre hard anodized aluminum pressure cooker with a stainless steel lid. The hard anodized body ensures even heat distribution for efficient and fast cooking which results in saved fuel. The curved body of this pressure cooker makes stirring easy while the broad opening gives you a good view. The fixed sturdy pivot ensures a steam-tight seal without creating extra pressure.
5. Hawkins Stainless Steel Induction Compatible Pressure Cooker
If stainless steel is your choice then picking this stainless steel pressure cooker from Hawkins should be a wise choice. This pressure cooker is also induction compatible. Its extra thick base keeps the pressure cooker in shape without making it bulge or go out of shape. The pressure locked safety lid cannot be opened without letting the pressure out. The gasket does not get rubbed sideways hence lasts longer.
Hawkins 5 Litre Pressure Cooker, Stainless Steel Cooker, Induction Cooker, Silver (HSS50) - Inner Lid
6. Butterfly Curve Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Butterfly stainless steel pressure cooker is highly popular because of its shape and curves, which allow easy viewing and sautéing. The aesthetically designed easy grip handles are made of stay cool technology which makes it easy to handle and comfortable to hold the cooker. Its specially formulated food grade rubber gasket lasts longer. Thick aluminum thermal base makes it induction compatible.
7. Miss Mary Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker comes in a leak proof design which makes cooking a stress free process. This is a 3 litre pressure cooker which is ideal for a family of 3-4 members. Its sturdy stay cool handles are easy to grip on during the cooking process. The cooker is easy to clean and wash hence is low in maintenance.
8. Butterfly Curve Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This stainless steel pressure cooker from Butterfly comes with a special lock arrangement for uni-directional rotation. The cooker allows steady and even cooking thanks to its thicker base. The base is also peel proof which makes it induction safe and dishwash safe. Specially formulated food grade gasket lasts much longer.
Butterfly Curve Stainless Steel Outer Lid Pressure Cooker, 5.5 Litre
9. Impex IFC 235 Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker
This is a pressure cooker combo set of 3 cookers of different sizes to suffice all kinds of cooking requirements. These pressure cookers come with an induction compatible base. These pressure cookers are known for their toughness and durability provided by the virgin aluminum material they are made of. Food grade rubber gasket sits safely and works on the gasket release vent system which allows it to bulge out when there is excess build up.
Impex IFC 235 Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker Family Combo Set with Outer Lid (Silver, 2, 3 and 5 L)
10. Amazon Brand - Solimo Aluminium Outer Lid Pressure Cooker
If you are looking for a compact small size pressure cooker then this 2 litre capacity pressure cooker from Amazon rand- Solimo is a great buy. The precision weight valve is spring operated that facilitates easy fitment onto the vent tube that helps prolong its life usage. Food grade compression type gasket made with nitrile rubber (NBR) does not impart colour, taste or odour to the food and helps release steam if vent tube is blocked.
Amazon Brand - Solimo Aluminium Outer Lid Pressure Cooker 2 L (Induction Compatible)
11. Wonderchef Nigella Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker form Wonderchef Nigella Cookers is beautifully crafted using stainless steel and proudly adorns classy soft-touch handles. The 3-ply base and steel-aluminum-steel layers save energy and prevent burning of food, and also allow quick heating to save a lot of energy. High-quality food grade silicon gasket comes with longer life. Aluminum is 9 times better conductor of heat, which ensures heat spreads quickly and evenly avoiding hotspots and burning or sticking of food.
Wonderchef Cook With Pride Nigeela Pressure Cooker Blue ( 3 Litre )
Buying Guide For The Best Pressure Cookers
- Size: Depending on your family size, you can decide what size pressure cooker should you buy. Buying a smaller one could lead to repetitive cooking which could lead to fuel wastage as well, hence a medium sized pressure cooker of 3 to 5 litres works best for a family of 3 to 5 members.
- Types of cookers: Cookers come made in all kinds of material like – aluminum, stainless steel, and iron as well. Aluminum reacts with acidic foods which could be a health factor that you would want to avoid.
- Compatibility: Many households have an induction stove as well, hence a pressure cooker with induction stove compatibility could be a wise choice to make.
- Durability: Once you have bought an appliance like a pressure cooker, then you would definitely want it to last long; hence picking a durable material is extremely important. Stainless steel is a highly durable material which could last you many years to come.
- Dishwasher safe: Hard anodized pressure cookers are not dishwasher safe while stainless and aluminum cookers can safely be used in a dishwasher.
- Lid type: Pressure cookers come with 2 types of lids – inner and outer lid. Inner lid cookers are safer as they offer additional locking mechanism to help hold the lid safely in place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pressure Cookers
Q. What should I look for when buying a pressure cooker?
A. When buying a pressure cooker, you must carefully look at the lid lock, gasket, pressure release valve, material it is made of and the size of the cooker.
Q. What's the right way to clean a pressure cooker?
A. Best is to wash your pressure cooker immediately after you have finished coking to avoid drying and clogging in the edges.
Q. What are the basic safety guidelines for using a pressure cooker?
A. Using a pressure cooker is safe but keeping a few things on top of mind will help avoid any chances of accidents. Keep in mind that:
1. Never fill the cooker more than half way full. You should have enough space for the pressure to build and for the grains to swell up and expand.
2. Don't store the pressure cooker with the lid over it so as to crush the gasket.
3. Make sure the pressure release value is in the right direction and able to release the pressure.
4. Don't try to force open the pressure cooker with the pressure inside, let the cooker release all the pressure on its own before you try opening it.
Q. Can cooking with other liquids apart from water be used in a pressure cooker, like – liquor, fruit juice, vegetable stock and the like?
A. Yes, you can use any other liquids to cook in a pressure cooker without fearing anything.
Q. What should I do if the food is not fully cooked after the pressure is released from the cooker?
A. You can put the lid back on and bring the food back to pressure for a little more time, this is mostly upto 5 mins no longer.
Best Pressure Cookers
|Best Pressure Cookers: Cook Up A Quick Good Meal||Price in India|
|Prestige Aluminium 2+3+5 Litre Combo cooker||₹ 3,610|
|Pigeon Favourite Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid, 3 Litres, Silver||₹ 745|
|Geek Robocook Zeta 5 liter Electric Pressure Cooker with NS Pot, Black||₹ 6,946|
|Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker, 3 Litres||₹ 1,999|
|Hawkins 5 Litre Pressure Cooker, Stainless Steel Cooker, Induction Cooker, Silver (HSS50) - Inner Lid||₹ 3,069|
|Butterfly Curve Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 3 Litre||₹ 1,550|
|Hawkins Miss Mary Aluminium Pressure Cooker, 3 Litres, Silver||₹ 923|
|Butterfly Curve Stainless Steel Outer Lid Pressure Cooker, 5.5 Litre||₹ 2,290|
|Impex IFC 235 Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker Family Combo Set with Outer Lid (Silver, 2, 3 and 5 L)||₹ 1,999|
|Amazon Brand - Solimo Aluminium Outer Lid Pressure Cooker 2 L (Induction Compatible)||₹ 789|