Best Smart Plugs: Dumb Devices Turn Smarter
Smart plugs are basically plug-in outlets that work smarter than the ordinary plugs, as they can be controlled by an application or a smart, voice controlled device such as Alexa. Their usage is as simple as any other plug; you simply just plug them in and then use their outlet to hook in a device that you want to automate. A high-tech automated home does not necessarily have to cost you a fortune. With an easy upgrade to a smart plug, you can upgrade your ordinary devices into smarter ones. So, which ones are the best to buy? Well, we have curated a list of the best smart plugs you could shop for online.
Best Smart Plugs
1. Wipro 10A smart Plug
Wipro's energy monitoring smart plug is suitable for all kinds of appliances. Use it for your refrigerator, air purifier, electric kettle, fan or any other electrical appliance. Its smart connectivity and response to Alexa and Google Assistant also helps control and automate devices better. This smart plug from Wipro works with a secured 2.4GHz wifi wireless network, without the need for a separate hub.
Wipro Smart Plug
2. Acasa 10A Wi-Fi Smart Plug
The uni-body Alexa and Google Home compatible smart plug is flame retardant and comes in a nice matt-finish body. This universal plug works well for low power appliances such as TV, water coolers, fragrance diffusers and the likes. This smart plug comes with a safety shutter feature, which is useful as a child safety feature, as well.
Acasa 10A Wi-Fi Smart Plug Alexa & Google Home Compatible
3. TP-Link HS100 Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Control your devices from anywhere using this smart plug from TP-Link that is Alexa and Google Assistant compatible. Remotely access all your home devices to switch them on or turn them off. This smart plug is super easy to use, install and connect to wi-fi. Keep your electricity bills at a low using this smart plug and also effectively manage various home devices.
TP-Link HS100 Wi-Fi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring- Suitable for Small appliances Like TVs, Electric Kettle, Mobile and Laptop Chargers (Works with Alexa and Google Assistant)
4. HomeMate WiFi Smart Plug Socket
This wi-fi smart plug can easily help you connect all your home devices for voice command support and access. Turn your home lights, fans, TV, refrigerator and other appliances on or off using this smart plug. Create schedules, so when you reach home your coffee wending machine would have your coffee ready or your AC would be on for a cool room.
HomeMate WiFi Smart Plug Socket | Works with Amazon Alexa and Google home | 10A
Buying Guide For Smart Plugs
- Voice Command : When buying a smart plug, it's good to ensure it works on voice command and is compatible with Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Plug in Limitations : When buying a smart plug make sure your plug can handle high wattage and power. A few hundred watts means you can plug in small devices whereas higher wattage would mean larger appliances can be connected, as well.
- Number of Devices : Some smart plugs come with a limitation of how many devices you can connect with them; keeping this in mind is also important.
- Dimming Feature : Some smart plugs also allow control over dimming, so if you hook up a lamp then you can easily control its light as well.
- Energy Monitoring Feature : Advanced and much cooler smart plugs come with an energy monitoring feature that can tell you what is the wattage of power consumption. So, your smart plug can tell you how much power your connected device is consuming.
List of Best Smart Plugs: Dumb Devices Turn Smarter
|Best Smart Plugs: Dumb Devices Turn Smarter||Price in India|
|Wipro Smart Plug||₹ 899|
|Acasa 10A Wi-Fi Smart Plug Alexa & Google Home Compatible||₹ 898|
|TP-Link HS100 Wi-Fi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring- Suitable for Small appliances Like TVs, Electric Kettle, Mobile and Laptop Chargers (Works with Alexa and Google Assistant)||₹ 2,310|
|HomeMate WiFi Smart Plug Socket | Works with Amazon Alexa and Google home | 10A||₹ 859|