Freedom Series India vs South Africa: New year, New Series But an Age-Old Challenge For India in South Africa
Freedom Series is something that is taking over the nation. This India vs South Africa Test series has been an age-old challenge. Its time to see, what's waiting for India in the South Africa.
Freedom Series India vs South Africa: New Series But an Age-Old Challenge For India in South Africa
Take a look at some striking facts, dates and key players before the sides collide
Take a Look At The Important Dates of the India vs South Africa Test Series:
- First Test Match: Jan 5-9 (01:30 IST) Newlands, Cape Town,
- Second Test Match Jan 13-17 (01:30 IST) Centurion, Pretoria,
- Third Test Match: Jan 24-28 (01:30 IST) Wanderers, Johannesburg
India Test Squad: Virat Kohli(c), Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Parthiv Patel and Jasprit Bumrah.
South Africa Test Squad: Faf du Plessis(c), Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Theunis de Bruyn, AB de Villiers, Dean Elgar, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo, Vernon Philander, Kagiso Rabada and Dale Steyn.
Some Important Facts About India vs South Africa Series You Should Know:
- India has never won a series against the Proteas in South Africa, This is the first time since 2013 that India has traveled to South Africa for a Test series.
- India managed only a single test win in the last seven encounters between the two played at South Africa (W4 D2), Number of test matches India has won in South Africa is 2 the joint least matches won by India in a country.
- The Proteas haven't lost a Test in South Africa against any side since January 2016 (vs England, W8 D1 since)
- 11.76 India’s win percentage in South Africa, 2nd worst after Pakistan (7.69%)
- India is currently enjoying a nine-game unbeaten run on the road in Test cricket (W7 D2); they only lost one Test overall in 2017, winning seven times and drawing on three occasions.
- Only one batsman (Steve Smith, 1,305) scored more Test runs during 2017 than Cheteshwar Pujara; he posted 1,140 runs at an average of 67 last year.
- Umesh Yadav (99) and Mohammed Shami (95) are both chasing a 100 Test wickets haul for their country.
Key Players Of India vs South Africa Series:Virat Kohli – Kohli last year scored 1059 runs from 10 Tests at an average of 75.64 and seems to be prepared for the upcoming challenge.
Ab De Villiers – The Mr.Perfect of Cricket is back to the South African side after an injury and is the always the biggest threat on the ground.
Dale Steyn – The lethal South African pacer is returning from injury can play a huge role in giving his side a perfect bowling attack.
Cheteshwar Pujara - The second highest run-getter of 2017 after Steve Smith scoring a mighty 1140 runs at an average of 67.05 is one of the biggest threats to the South African team.
Kagiso Rabada – He was the most successful South African bowler last year by taking 57 wickets from 11 matches, Rabada is currently world no. 2 test bowler.
We're eagerly looking forward to the performances of both the teams and we deeply hope this time India breaks the record and come back home with wining trophy.
For the latest deals, offers and news, follow HotDeals360 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google News and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
The HotDeals360 team writes about stuff we think you'll like. HotDeals360 has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
More From Events