5 Ways To Relax At Home
Have a project deadline? Or your inbox is flooded with several emails marked urgent? Or are you going through some relationship problems and are not able to focus on your work because of that? Well, the hustle and bustle of our daily lives can be very stressful and it is important to keep our mind and body relaxed in order to focus on our work and other things.
5 Simple Ways to Relax Your Mind and Body
Take a deep breath and hold it for a moment, and now exhale. Feeling a bit relaxed? Well, breathing exercises are the best way to relax the mind as the way we breathe affects the whole body and mind. Breathing exercises may include:
- Slow breathing: Inhale and exhale slowly, like the way you breathe when your body is relaxed.
- Belly breathing: Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position. Keep your hands on your belly and breathe.
- Roll breathing: Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position again. Keep one hand on your chest and one on your belly and experience how your hand moves as you inhale and exhale.
Spend some time with your own self:
A warm bubble bath in the company of bath bombs and candles always works in relaxing the mind and body but one can indulge in any activity that gives you peace and some 'me' time away from the hustle and bustle of the daily routine.
Flex your creative muscles:
- Listen to soothing music: When everything else fails, music works. Surely we all have that one perfect playlist that calms our mind and brings a smile on our faces. Crank it. As per some research, listening to just music has its own relaxation benefits. And if you are alone, you can go along and sing along.
- Write: Some times putting your feelings and your thoughts on a piece of paper, provides an outlet about what exactly is going in your mind and can help in providing you with a new perspective. One of the best ways is to maintain a journal. Write about work worries, your feelings for your partners, your problems, about your debt, or even peeves of your friend or roommate.
- Lose yourself to the beats: Dancing is the perfect way to shake off your stress. Losing yourself to the beat also helps in getting the blood and endorphins flowing for the reenergising rush of oxygen to help your body and mind relax.
Little mindful movements for the body:
Well, if you are not a yoga person, then no worries. There are plenty of other ways to relax your mind and body, with the help of movements.
- Legs up the wall: Working from home can be tough if you have been sitting in one position only. So just put your feet up against the wall in a 'legs up the wall' yoga position and breathe. The relaxation effects of this posture on your body can help in calming both your mind and body.
- Getting the rate of your heartbeat up: Try jogging in one place or jumping jacks, burpees, push-ups or squats, as again, the movement will help the blood and endorphins flowing for the reenergising rush of oxygen to help your body and mind relax.
- Stretch it out: Whether you are on the go or putting up anywhere, stretching can help a lot in relaxing the mind and body.
Treat your body well:
- Massage: Give a good massage on your scalp, on your hands and legs. A study shows that a five-minute good massage can help you relieve stress and anxiety and can help you calm your mind.
- Roll a ball: There's nothing more relaxing than rolling a ball under your arches and while you are at it, stop only to apply more pressure when you find a tender spot.
- Take the help of a stress ball: Well, some times it's okay to be angry, however, what's not okay is to keep that anger inside. Take your frustration out on a stress ball. Also, it's safer to take your frustration out on a stress ball than throwing away your phone or laptop.
Bonus: Give yourself a squeeze and if you have a furry friend at home, take their help.
Try These Products:
KACOOL Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier, Ultrasonic 300ML Essential Oil Aroma Diffuser Cool-Mist Humidifier
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - New and improved smart speaker with Alexa (Black)
BODYFRIEND 4D Massage Chair | Cloud Type Massage | Airbags System | Bluetooth Connectivity | Zero Gravity Feature | Multiple Massage Modes | Head | 1 Year Warranty | Black
Flamingo Gel Exercise Ball - Universal (Red)
5 Ways To Relax At Home
|Product||Price in India|
|KACOOL Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier, Ultrasonic 300ML Essential Oil Aroma Diffuser Cool-Mist Humidifier||₹ 1,799|
|Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen Smart Speaker||₹ 2,149|
|BODYFRIEND 4D Massage Chair | Cloud Type Massage | Airbags System | Bluetooth Connectivity | Zero Gravity Feature | Multiple Massage Modes | Head | 1 Year Warranty | Black||₹ 144,000|
|Flamingo Gel Exercise Ball - Universal (Red)||₹ 271|