Reliance Jio has announced the launch of JioPhone at the recent annual Reliance Industries AGM. Jio Phoneâs launch this was introduced as âIndia ka Smartphoneâ. The aim of this launch is to equip those people who havenât used smartphone so far due to high pricing, which means they never got their hands on the high speed internet. Tuesday August 15th, the Indian Independence day was a landmark in the history of telecom industry. The first set of Jio Phone units became available for beta trials. The beta trial for this 4G handset was embarked on 15th August 2017. The handset was first unveiled 3 weeks ago in the Reliance Industries AGM 2017. However the handset is yet not ready to be launched in the market. It has only been made available to a selected group of customers only to test it, before it is brought down in the market in September. The Jio Phone is on beta trial by Jio employees. This trial will help the company understand and solve all the software and hardware related issues before it is made available for the customers.
While the Pre bookings are starting from 24th Aug, we here reveal it's features and what all to expect from this phone. Jio Phones have several other features that are not available in any other 4G VoLTE handsets. This beta trial will help the company understand the shortcomings if any in additional features like, Internet compatibility with multimedia apps, option to mirror the content to TV and much more. Make sure you have your Adhaar card in place before you get onto your booking.
JioPhone may offer part refund for the 4G feature phones before 3 year lock in period, which means customers can return the handset before time and get a part of security deposit back. These return and part refund terms and conditions or JioPhone refund scheme are likely to be released in the upcoming days. The Delivery timelines for the Pre-booked Jio phones is estimated between September 1st- 4th.
Jio Phone Booking, How To Book Jio Phone?JioPhone Bookings is to start at 5:30pm on 24th August 2017 using MyJio mobile app or Jio.com (official website) and from offline Reliance Jio retailers.
To book JioPhone via MyJio App, follow the below steps:
Open MyJio app
Tap on "PreBook Now"
Provide your Phone number and Pin code of your area,
Then tap to "Proceed"
Soon, you shall receive your booking ID on the MyJio app and as SMS.
Jio Phone Delivery Date Details:If you wish to have hands on JioPhone this shall only happen once it is delivered at your doorstep.
Delivery dates of JioPhone shall depend on how faster you book the Jio Phone after bookings are open. For the delivery of JioPhone, Reliance Jio is following the first-come, first-serve rule. Which means if yoru desire to grab the JioPhone at the earliest gear up and be ready with the pre-orders that are opening sharply at 5:30pm on Wednesday, 24th August 2017. Reliance Jio company aims to deliver about 5 million units each week, but since the demands are high there can be no surety on delivery dates.
Jio Phone Booking and Launch Date:Reliance Jio website has updated with a âKeep me Postedâ form in order to help customers to buy Jio Phone. âKeep me Postedâ form has been created to seek the interest of customers in the Jio Phone. Once the form is completed and submitted by the customers, they shall then receive an email and sms notification as confirmation. We are listing down all the important Dates for you below :
- Jio Phoneâs launch date is 15th August 2017
- Jio Phone Bookings shall commense from 24th Aug 2017
- Official sale in Sepetember 2017
- Delivery date estimation - Sep 1st-4th.
Jio Phone Features and Price:Looking towards the price first, the effective price of the Jio Phone shall be zero- which means youâll have to deposit Rs. 1500 as upfront payment and after 3 years of purchase you can claim a refund and get the entire Rs.1500 back with you.
Now, lets checkout the features of the Jio Phone:
- It is an affordable 4G VoLTE-capable feature phone with 'smart' apps.
- Jio Phone is powered by a Snapdragon 205 processor
- The device is equipped with alphanumeric keypad, which mainly majority of Indians missed.
- All the Jio apps shall works easily on Jio Phone- Jio Music, Jio Cinema and more.
- It also supports many other apps including Facebook. At the moment, WhatsApp is not supported.
- It supports 22 languages.
- Using voice commands you can place calls, search on Web and send messages.
- The 5 number key is assigned as the Panic Button or SOS button, which gets activated on long pressing the number five so as to send emergency messages to your near and dear ones.
- Jio Phone supports NFC, which means users can complete their payments using UPI linked bank accounts or via POS machines.
- It also supports 4-way navigations.
Jio Phone Data Pack And Calling plans announced:
- Rs. 153 for Unlimited calling & Data For 1 Month On JioPhone
- Rs. 54 for Unlimited Data &Calling For 1 Week
- Rs. 24 for Unlimited Calling & Data for 2 Days
- Rs.309 for Jio cable TV Plan for Unlimited Access To Jio Cable Tv On Larger Screen For One Month