Best Water Purifiers and Their Types:Impure or contaminated water is also a carrier of many diseases. To get rid of impure water and related ailments water purifiers have come to the rescue of man. Water purifiers based upon their working technology can be classified under 5 heads, the best water purifiers use a combination of technologies to deliver the ultimate result.
- Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- Ultraviolet (UV)
- Ultra Filtration (UF)
- Activated Carbon
- Sediment filter
1. Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water PurifiersRO water filters that are widely used across the country use semi permeable membrane to purify the water. The water pump pressurizes the hard water to pass through this semi permeable RO membrane, during this phase the dissolved impurities like arsenic, lead, fluoride, sulphates, nitrates, and chlorine are trapped by the RO membrane and the water is purified. Only the best water filters working on RO technology can remove these impurities and provide you clean and safe drinking water.
Advantages of Using RO Water Purifiers:
- RO water filters removes dissolved solid particles
- RO water filters are also able to remove waterborne disease causing micro organisms
- The RO water filter not only removes the micro organism but is also capable of removing their dead bodies from the water
- RO water purifiers also removes the bad taste and odour causing contaminants
- Rs8,699Rs15,990(46% OFF)
- Rs13,499Rs18,500(27% OFF)
2. Ultraviolet Water Filters (UV)The best of the water filters use a combination of technologies like RO+UV filter. The UV water filters are capable of killing waterborne disease causing micro organism. The UV water filters do not use any sort of chemical to purify the water. These purifiers feature a UV lamp tube, the water when passes through this tube the UV light kills these germs, however the dead body remains in the water though they do not harm. This best water purifier combine UV and Ro technology for complete purification, on one hand the UV rays kills the germs and the RO purification system removes the dead bodies of the killed germs.
Advantages of UV Water Filters are:
- Low maintenance cost
- High purification rate
- Fast action (Can filter around 2-4 litres of water in a minute)
- Low energy consumption
- Simple UV filters do not alter the taste of water
- Rs6,796Rs8,900(24% OFF)
- Rs6,699Rs10,000(33% OFF)
- Rs7,304Rs7,790(6% OFF)
RO vs UV Water Purifier:
|Water Type Filtered||Under ground water||Lake, river, and municipal supply water|
|Microorganisms||RO water purifier blocks and removes bacteria and viruses from purified water. Flush out microorganisms bodies.||UV water purifier kills bacteria and viruses bodies from purified water but microorganisms bodies remained in purified water only.|
|Waste water||RO water purifier produces lot of waste water.||UV does not produce any waste water. Zero percent waste water|
|Dissolved solids||RO water purifier removes dissolved solids and TDS.||UV water purifier does not remove dissolved solids|
|Time to purify||RO water purifier takes much more time to purify water||UV water purifier makes much less time to purify water|
|Water taste||RO water purifier alter water taste||UV water purifier does not alter water taste|
|Storage tank||Most of the RO water purifiers have storage tank||Most of the UV water purifiers don’t have storage tank|
|Maintenance, total cost||RO water purifier can cost double as much to a UV water purifier.||UV water purifier is inexpensive|
|Work with muddy water||RO water purifier requires pre-filtration such as sediment filter to work with dirty, muddy water||UV water purifier also requires sediment filter.|
3. Ultra Filtration (UF)UF technology when coupled with RO and UV technology produces the best water filters that are capable of delivering purified, clean drinking water. The UF technology uses hollow fibres of membrane made of a thin layer of material which is used to separate water and other particles present in water. Ro and UF technology work on the same principle.
Advantages of Using an UF Water Filter:
- Can work even without electricity
- No need of strong water pressure
- Since the UF filtration technique does not use chemicals, the taste of water remains intact
- UF filters can filter muddy water also
- Removes the dead bodies of the germs from water
- Rs6,290Rs8,999(30% OFF)
4. Activated Carbon Water Filters (Gravity Based Water Filters)The Gravity based water filters are amongst the best water purifiers that uses activated carbon made from small size carbon granules which can absorb impurities that are present in water. The water in this process is filtered via normal gravity process, the water moves from the upper compartment to the lower compartment without any external force. For filtration the Activated carbon filters use micro fiber mash along with polisher for the removal of residual chemicals.
Advantages of Using Activated Carbon Filters:
- Activated Carbon water filters eliminate diseases causing pesticides and toxic chemicals like Chlorine
- These filters also remove heavy metal particles
- Since these filters eliminate toxic chemicals it enhances the taste and odour of water
- Activated carbon filters when coupled with RO filters, they help to increase the life of RO membrane by eliminating chemicals like chlorine that can damage the RO membrane.
5. Sediment FilterThe sediment filters is a pre-stage of filtration used along with other process like RO or UV. The particles collected at the bottom of the water are known as sediments, these filters work to eliminate the collected sediments that may comprise of metal pipes, sand, mud particles or any other turbidity. The best water filters use this technology to get the best result along with other technologies.
Advantages of Sediment Filtration are:
- Removes solid dust, mud, and sand particles
- Eliminates visible pollutants prior to the filtration
- Protects the RO and UV filters from getting damaged by these solid sediments
- Rs193Rs350(45% OFF)
We've provided you with the best water purifiers along with their advantages so that you can pick the among the top water purifiers for your utilization. Pen your reviews down in the comments section telling us- How much did this story of best water purifier helped you in sorting one for yourself.