Facial Hair Removal Methods That Are Actually Effective
Body hair and facial hair is a concern for many, especially for women. Be it upper lip hair, side-burns or eyebrows, many women are hyper-aware of every tiny hair on their body and are always in search of advanced facial removal methods that can uplift their skincare game. If you too are part of this beauty gang, here are various facial hair removal methods, along with a guide, that'll help you learn about how to remove facial hair effectively and safely.
Top Facial Hair Removal Methods You Can Opt From
1. Facial Razor
Facial shaving has gained popularity over the years. It is one of the fastest, easiest and pocket friendly ways to remove facial hair. It even helps you remove peach fuss effortlessly. If you opt for this facial hair removal method, you will need facial hair disposable razor or an electric shaver. However, the results aren't permanent or long-lasting. Your face will remain hair-free for one to three days, and then you'll have to re-do the process.
How To Remove Facial Hair Using Facial Razor
- Start by cleaning your face and then apply a thin layer of soap or shaving cream in such a way that your facial hair remain visible enough.
- Now hold the facial razor in the direction of hair growth and start shaving while applying gentle pressure.
- This facial hair removal method will help you shave your chin, brows, upper lips, sideburns and neck.
Pros: It's an easy alternative for facial hair removal which takes little time and is budget-friendly and readily available.
Cons: It can cause skin irritation and might cause ingrown hair or result in coarse hair around the jawline.
BOMBAE Facial Razor For Women | Painless Hair Removal | Women Razor for Eyebrow, Upper Lip, Forehead, Peach Fuzz, Chin, Sideburns | 3 count
Waxing is an effective hair removal method that can be used for both body and face. However, there are different types of wax for the body and face. Hard wax is for body and bikini area, whereas soft wax is ideal for the face. We suggest you pick the wax that is suitable for the face to avoid adverse effects.
How to Remove Facial Hair Using Wax
If you're using wax strips then just place the strip in between your palms and rub to warm the wax. Then pull one side and place the strip wherever required, be it upper lips, chin or sideburns, and then press. Now pull the wax strip in the opposite direction of hair growth.
If you're using melted wax, then melt the wax in a wax heater. Then with the help of a stick apply the wax to the desired facial area while holding the skin taut. Now firmly remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Pros: It is one of the most popular facial hair removal methods that can help to quickly remove the hair from the root, resulting in delayed and fine hair growth.
Cons: It can be uncomfortable, but it can also be painful for some people. Reactions to hot wax include skin irritation, burning, or even ingrown hair. If you're using retinoids, you must consider avoiding facial waxing.
Rica Brazilian Wax with for Bikini and Face, 28 Oz
Another popular and safe option to remove facial hair is threading. It helps to pull out unwanted hair on the upper lip, side of the face, jawline and chin. This method also helps you achieve perfectly shaped eyebrows that look polished and sharp. Threading doesn't cause ingrown hair and can last longer than shaving or tweezing. If you're doing it by yourself make sure you have good hands-on-technique, if not we suggest you find a trained professional cosmetologist or esthetician.
How to Remove Facial Hair Using Threading Method
- Tie the thread in the shape of infinity and make sure you make 4-5 twists.
- Hold the thread using the first two fingers and thumb of both the hand so that it forms side inverted eight shapes or the sign of infinity.
- Now taut the area from which you wish to remove hair and place this thread on to the skin so that as you move your fingers in a way that it pulls out the hair from the roots to give you clean results.
Pros: Threading is inexpensive and can be easily done at home provided you have the command on the technique.
Cons: It can be time-consuming and may take a little longer than waxing or shaving. If you have bushy upper lips or eyebrows, the process can also be a painful one.
Eyebrows Thread (Sadar Shop) 2 Spool Organica Eyebrow Cotton Threading Threads Antiseptic Facial Hair Remover (C-900)
4. Depilatory Creams
Depilatory creams are another cheaper alternative to waxing and can provide long-lasting results than shaving. These creams are infused with the hair dissolving chemicals like titanium dioxide, sodium, and barium sulfide that breakdown the natural proteins in the hair so that it can be easily washed away. Depilatory creams are available in various consistencies like cream, gel, and lotion. These creams are not just designed for facial hair specifically but also help to exfoliate, moisturise and smoothen the face.
How to Remove Facial Hair Using Depilatory Creams
- Cleanse the area and apply the depilatory cream over unwanted facial hair.
- Allow the depilatory cream to sit for about 5 to 10 minutes or as per time advised on the packaging.
- Then with the help of a damp cloth gently wipe off the cream and rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Note: We suggest doing a patch test first as depilatory creams can react, resultingly in bumps, redness and itchiness. Wait at least 24 hours after a patch test before applying the cream over larger sections of your face.
Pros: It's a quick and painless hair removal method that can help you get rid of facial hair in no time.
Cons: Depilatory creams are not recommended for people with sensitive skin as they can cause severe skin reactions.
Nair Moisturizing Face Cream, 2 Ounce
5. Laser Hair Removal Method
If you're looking for long-lasting results, then you must consider the laser hair removal method. This process can make a hole in your pocket and demand frequent visits to the clinic, which can be time-consuming. We suggest you invest in an at-home laser hair removal kit. The laser machine uses laser and pulsating beams which help to damage hair follicles, which result in slower or sometimes no hair growth in the areas like the upper lip, chin, jawline and sideburns. You need to protect your eyes and their surroundings from harmful radiations. If possible, also take professional consultation before use.
How to Remove Facial Hair Using At-Home Laser Device:
- Properly cleanse your face and shave using a facial razor as it works effectively on short hair and helps damage the hair follicles more effectively.
- The device is equipped with various treatment levels so you can opt to select the desired one. We suggest you go from low to high, just to be safe in case of any side-effects.
- Now place the laser device over to the targeted area to begin treatment and practice it twice a week to achieve desired results.
This was a basic process of using an at-home laser device. You must always read the instructions and use the kit as per directions.
Pros: It gives comparatively long-lasting results than any other facial hair removal method, which means it can save you from salon expenses and razor cuts to a great extent.
Cons: It can lead to redness and tenderness which can be calmed by applying the ice. In case, you're experiencing any hormonal imbalances, it can trigger hair growth. Also, it can't be used during pregnancy and the lactation period.
Remington IPL6750 I-Light Prestige (Color May Vary)
6. Face Epilator
Epilation is another safe and long-lasting method of getting rid of facial hair. This method can eliminate hair for a longer duration of up to four weeks and can be a better alternative to threading or facial razor. Epilators are devices that pull out multiple hair from the roots. There are specially designed epilators for the body and face which means you need to use the device for the area it is designed for. For better results, you need to exfoliate a few days before you decide to epilate as this will lift the hair, soften the skin and prevent ingrown hair.
How to Remove Facial Hair Using Face Epilator
- Once your skin is ready, hold your taunt.
- Place the epilator at a 90-degree angle and then gently run the device in the direction of hair growth.
- Don't press it too hard and glide the device slowly to avoid hair breakage or skin irritation.
- Once done to calm the redness you can apply the ice cube and aloe vera gel.
Pros: Since the hair is epilated from the roots, it takes comparatively longer to grow back. The hair that grows back is mostly fine, soft and least noticeable.
Cons: A facial epilator can be a painful process and might cause some discomfort or swelling.
Philips Facial & Body Trimmer
Benefits of Facial Hair Removal
- Helps to remove dead skin cells
- Promotes better absorption of skincare products
- Can brighten the skin tone
- Makes the skin smooth and supple
- Helps create a flawless canvas for makeup
Facial Hair Removal Methods That Are Actually Effective
|Product||Price in India|
|BOMBAE Facial Razor For Women | Painless Hair Removal | Women Razor for Eyebrow, Upper Lip, Forehead, Peach Fuzz, Chin, Sideburns | 3 count||₹ 189|
|Rica Brazilian Wax with for Bikini and Face, 28 Oz||₹ 1,188|
|Eyebrows Thread (Sadar Shop) 2 Spool Organica Eyebrow Cotton Threading Threads Antiseptic Facial Hair Remover (C-900)||₹ 110|
|Nair Moisturizing Face Cream, 2 Ounce||₹ 1,305|
|Remington IPL6750 I-Light Prestige (Color May Vary)||₹ 56,228|
|Philips Facial & Body Trimmer||₹ 1,271|
Viveka is known to her friends as a movie junkie who is also a creative fashion enthusiast in red lipstick. She's passionate about writing! Be it fashion, beauty or movies she is pro. In her free time, she loves to play badminton, cook and binge watch movies. She's also a great observer who has a quirky take on various things, well only close ones know this. Nothing stops her from personifying the creative game.