Surajkund Mela 2020: Major Attractions To Look Out At Surajkund Mela
The 34th edition of a stupefying bonanza comprising of vivid art and crafts, music and dance, splash of colours and rhythm of drums is back with many countries participating in it. Yes, we are talking about the Surajkund Mela 2020. The ethnic cuisines and an immersive cultural ethos adds on to this international fest. One of the most awaited fairs in the city, Surajkund Mela 2020 is extremely popular for exhibiting the diverse cultural heritage not only of our country but also from around the globe. The handicrafts and handloom products from every corner of the country is put on sale at this Surajkund Mela 2020. Surakund Mela takes place for a fortnight every year in the 1st week of February.
Surajkund Mela holds special importance for artists and people who love to shop for handicrafts and handloom products. The Surajkund Mela is organised every year to give a mega platform to the small scale craftsmen and boost the handicraft industry of the country. Over 1000 artists and craftsmen from across the nation would be displaying their art work and handicraft skills in the Surajkund Mela 2020.
The Surajkund Mela 2020 will see a spectacular showcase of regional and international crafts, along with some traditional mouth-watering delicacies. The Surajkund Mela 2020, would attract more than a million of visitors from across the world. Here are the details about the Surajkund Mela 2020,that will answer all your queries regarding this mega event.
Surajkund Mela 2020: Curtain Raised on 1st February
The curtains of this internationally acclaimed Surajkund Mela 2020 will be raised on February 1st 2020. Occupying a space on the International tourist Calendar since 1987 Surajkund Mela observes more than a million of visitors during the 17 day long event. The event will mark its closure on 17th February 2020.
Surajkund Mela 2020: Where is it being held?
The Surajkund Mela 2020 like every year is being held in the Surajkund District of Faridabad, with the support of Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of tourism, textiles, culture and external affairs.
Surajkund Mela 2020: Theme of the Mega Event
For the 34th edition of the Surajkund Mela, the state of Maharashtra has been chosen to be the theme state.This year the people will get to view the ethnicity and rich cultural heritage of Maharashtra along with other states in India.
Surajkund Mela 2020: Timings of the Event
The Surajkund Mela 2020 is open for visitors from 10:30 am to 8:30 pm. The visitors are free to explore the fair for an entire day, spend some good time with their friends and family.
Surajkund Mela 2020: Ticket Availability
If you are one of those who hates to stand in the long queue just to get the passes or the tickets for the event then here we have a way out for you. Click on the link below and you can get your tickets online and reduce the hassle.
Surajkund Mela 2020 Daily Events
Below find the list of Surajkund Mela 2020 daily event happenings which you can check and plan your visit accordingly.
|1st Feb||Saturday||‘Mughlai Kathak' solo performance by Devendra Manglamukhi|
|2nd Feb||Sunday||Rítu Beri's fashion show ‘Ferghana Fantasy'|
|3rd Feb||Monday||Shri Rajvir Singh's Haryanvi Cultural programme|
|4th Feb||Tuesday||Himachal folk dance show|
|5th Feb||Wednesday||Singer & actress Akanksha Saini's live performance|
|6th Feb||Thursday||Singer Mahua Sen's music performance|
|7th Feb||Friday||Ritu Beri's fashion show ‘The Naga Narrative'|
|8th Feb||Saturday||Padamjeet Sehrawat's Bollywood dance performance|
|9th Feb||Sunday||Rítu Beri's fashion show ‘Únforgettable Himachal'|
|10th Feb||Monday||Live concert by singers Dr. Rinku Kalia & Vandana Mishra|
|11th Feb||Tuesday||‘Nritya-Keli' Kathak dance by Jayant Kastuar & Group|
|12th Feb||Wednesday||Medley performance by international troupes|
|13th Feb||Thursday||Jazz classical fusion ‘Nav Swar Ragini' by Subhash Ghosh & Shiv Sameer|
|14th Feb||Friday||‘Roohdariyan – Ek Sufiyana Shaam' by Rashmi Agarwal|
|15th Feb||Saturday||Manjit Singh's Hasya Kavi Sammelan|
Major Highlights Of Surajkund Mela 2020
Surajkund Mela 2020 has a lot to offer to its visitors here are some of the major attractions of the Surajkund Mela 2020:
- Uzbekistan is the partner nation for Surajkund Mela 2020.
- The Surajkund Mela 2020 will also offer a variety of multi-cuisine food from across the country. The visitors can try out lip smacking regional, national and international food.
- The ‘Food Court Haveli' of the Surajkund Mela 2020 is getting revamped for the international visitors to enjoy the traditional Indian cuisines.
- Apart from handloom products and regional food, the Surajkund Mela 2020 guarantees entertainment. The Surajkund Mela 2020 will see performances by several renowned folk artistes and cultural groups from around the world.
- Musical evenings at the ‘Natyashala' where the best of musicians from various states come together to treat your ears to soothing traditional music of different areas of the country, something you can't experience anywhere else.
Surajkund Mela 2020: Things to Do
- Shopping: For all the shopaholics out there Surajkund Mela 2020 is here, where you can shop for handicrafts to textiles, carpets to wall hangings, fragrant soaps to organically grown spices, there's nothing you can't buy at the Surajkund International Crafts Mela.
- Cuisines: Now for the foodies, the Surajkund Mela 2020 is here to entice your taste buds with the ethnic taste from various states in India. Offering travelers the chance to indulge in varied delicious delicacies of different states and regions, the various food stalls and the enormous Food Court of Surajkund Mela 2020 are sure to take you on a gastronomical joyride.
- Cultural Performances: Known for the rich traditional and cultural events, the Surajkund Mela is back again to give some peace to your wandering minds with some soothing regional and cultural performances.
- Helicopter Ride: Enjoy the aerial view of the Surajkund Mela 2020 with this interesting and adventurous helicopter ride.
- Amusement Zone: The amusement zone is the place where your children will enjoy the most, after all the shopping you can just sit back and relax and see your children enjoy various thrilling rides at the amusement zone in the Surajkund Mela 2020.
Surajkund Mela 2020: Places to Visit Near Surajkund
- Surajkund Lake
- Surajkund Hot Spring
- Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
- Anagpur Dam
If you're fan of Indian handicrafts and Indian culture, do visit this popular Surajkund International Handicraft Mela 2020 and give yourself a delightful treat.