Often when we see our soaring electricity bills we get confused as 'How to save on electric bills?'. Today, we all look for ways to go green along with saving upon electricity so as to reduce electric bills. The major monthly expense is electricity bill, which gradually reaching its peak each day with the high utilization of the electronic appliances likes air conditioners, Smart TV, Double-door refrigerators and so on.
In a country like India, which faces extreme weather conditions it becomes difficult to avoid the use of electronic appliances. We can save on electric bills by making some small bit of changes in our day to day activities so as to contribute to the well being of 'Mother Earth'. Below we're providing a list of simple tips n tricks along with minor adjustments that one can do while using electrical appliances at home so as to reduce electric bills that shall drive down on the energy cost. Let's take a look and adapt the these energy saving tips to reduce electric bills in the most efficient way.
1. Use CFLâs and LED Bulbs:We can cut down heavily on our electricity consumption, and save on electric bills if we replace the old incandescent bulbs with CFLâs and LED bulbs. In order to promote clean and green earth, the Government of India has started providing LED bulbs at subsidised prices in places like post office and electricity offices that shall consume less electricity so as to reduce electric bills and save energy.
2. Green Shades:Stock up some pretty green potted plants and shrubs in front of the house and if possible plant them in such a manner that they block the sun shining from directly on to your AC. If a unit is placed in the shade it consumes approximately 10 percent less electricity and allows you to save on electric bills as compared to the ones exposed to sun.
3. Do Not Simply Turn Off but Switch it Off:Switch off the TV, AC, Computers and all other electrical appliances when not in use. Mere turning off the appliance and putting it on sleep mode also consumes electricity and if you think you by doing this you can save on electric bills, then you are absolutely wrong. As per a report, 5% electric consumption of the city is due to the appliance put on sleep mode. So from now on do not simply turn off the electric gadget but switch it off completely.
4. Do Not Overcharge Your Phone:Many times what we tend to do is to put our phones on charge and then forget about this has a bad impact on the battery of the phone as well as it leads to unnecessary consumption of electricity. Sometimes we also tend to charge our phones overnight so that they remain juiced up throughout the day, it is another barrier which restricts us to save on electric bills.
5. Use Your AC the Right Way:When the scorching sun is above our head we forget everything and use the AC just for the sake of comfort, however this is not the right way to use your AC. AC when used at lower temperature consume way more energy. If the weather is not too hot try to use the AC at 24 degrees. Using the AC at this temperature, might help you save on electric bills. Well, if your AC has the feature of "Energy Saver" start using it now as it consumes less energy while maintaining your room temperature.
6. Air Dry Your Clothes:After washing your clothes in the washing machine you should try to opt for air drying your clothes. If the weather is not too bad and the sun is shining bright, then air drying reduces the electric consumption by machine and helps you save on electric bills.
7. Keep Your Fridge Stocked:Keeping your fridge fully stocked, but do not overload it. Doing small bits like trying to avoid keeping any hot thing in the fridge, covering the food and then keeping it in the fridge, putting the thermostat in medium position and maintaining enough space between the walls and fridge can really be useful hacks to save on electric bills.
8. Install Energy Saving Apps:Smartphones these days are common for everybody. However lest did we know that smartphones can also help us monitor our daily energy consumption. By installing a power monitor app in your phone you will be able to keep a track of your daily electricity usage. These apps also allow you to cut down on useless use of electricity and save on electric bills.
9. Maintain Your Electronic Devices:Proper maintenance of all your electrical devices and appliance is yet another trick to save on electric bills. In order to properly maintain your device getting them serviced at regular intervals is a must. However a bit of maintenance can be done simply at home by keeping these gadgets clean, and minimizing the load on them.
10. Use Energy Star Appliance To Reduce Electric Bills:These days all the big companies in the electrical appliance sector have come up with star rating appliance. The higher the number of star more efficient is the device. It might appear to be a little costly in one go, but it can definitely help you cut down on energy consumption. Lower the energy consumption, the more you will be able to save on electric bills.
11. Save on Electric Bills via Online Payments:However if you have failed to implement these tips and tricks to save on electric bills in your daily life you still have few other options to save your pocket from burning. By paying bills using Paytm, MobiKwik and FreeCharge you will still be able to save on electric bills. Here are some offers from these e-commerce sites that will help you save on electric bills:
Paytm Electricity bills Offer:
MobiKwik Offers on Electric Bills:
- Utility Bills OffersAdditional offers
On a minimum purchase of 300, Get a maximum discount of 300
Use this coupon code BILLFC to avail this discount on Freecharge.
- Mobile Recharge Offers | Utility Bills OffersAdditional offers
Get a maximum discount of 30
Use this coupon code NEW30 to avail this discount on Freecharge.
These simple tips and tricks can help us save a lot on high electricity bills. Also, these money-saving tips will help us go green and allowing you to save on electric bills, quite efficiently. If you have more suggestions to 'save on electric bills' do pen them down in the âWrite Your Reviewâ section.