The 32nd edition of a stupefying bonanza comprising of vivid art and crafts, music and dance, splash of colours and rhythm of drums is back with almost 20 countries participating in it. Yes, we are talking about the Surajkund Mela 2018. The ethnic cuisines and an immersive cultural ethos adds on to this international fest. One of the most awaited fairs in the city, Surajkund Mela 2018 is extremely popular for exhibiting the diverse cultural heritage not only of our country but also from around the globe. The handicrafts and handloom products from every corner of the country is put on sale at this Surajkund Mela 2018. Surakund Mela takes place for a fortnight every year in the 1st week of February.
Surajkund Mela holds special importance for artists and people who love to shop for handicrafts and handloom products. The Surajkund Mela is organised every year to give a mega platform to the small level craftsmen and boost the handicraft industry of the country. Over 1000 artists and craftsmen from across the nation would be displaying their art work and handicraft skills in the Surajkund Mela 2018.
The Surajkund Mela 2018 will see a spectacular showcase of regional and international crafts, along with some traditional mouth-watering delicacies. The Surajkund Mela 2018, would attract more than a million of visitors from across the world. Here are the details about the Surajkund Mela 2018, that will answer all your queries regarding this mega event.
Surajkund Mela 2018: Curtain Raised on 2nd February
The curtains of this internationally acclaimed Surajkund Mela 2018 have already been raised on 2nd February 2018. Occupying a space on the International tourist Calendar since 1987 Surajkund Mela observes more than a million of visitors during the 15 day long event. The event will mark its closure on 18th February 2018.
Surajkund Mela 2018: Where is it Being Held?
The Surajkund Mela 2018 like every year is being held in the Surajkund village of Haryana, with the support of Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with union ministries of tourism, textiles, culture and external affairs.
Surajkund Mela 2018: Theme of the Mega Event
For the 32nd edition of the Surajkund Mela, the state of Uttar Pradesh has been chosen to be the theme state along with Kyrgyzstan being the partner nation. This year the people will get to view the ethnicity and rich cultural heritage of Uttar Pradesh along with other states in India.
Surajkund Mela 2018: Timings of the Event
The Surajkund Mela 2018 is open for visitors from 10:30 am to 8:30 pm. The visitors are free to explore the fair for an entire day, spend some good time with their friends and family.
Surajkund Mela 2018: Ticket Availability
If you are one of those who hates to stand in the long queue just to get the passes or the tickets for the event then here we have a way out for you. Click on the link below and you can get your tickets online and reduce the hassle.
Surajkund Mela 2018: Things to Look Out for at this Mega Event
Surajkund Mela 2018 has a lot to offer to its visitors here are some of the major attractions of the Surajkund Mela 2018
- 20 countries from across the world will be participating in the Surajkund Mela 2018, with Kyrgyzstan being the partner nation for the event.
- The Surajkund Mela 2018 will also offer a variety of multi-cuisine food from across the country. The visitors can try out lip smacking regional, national and international food.
- The ‘Food Court Haveli’ of the Surajkund Mela 2018 is getting revamped for the international visitors to enjoy the traditional Indian cuisines.
- Apart from handloom products and regional food, the Surajkund Mela 2018 guarantees entertainment. The Surajkund Mela 2018 will see performances by several renowned folk artistes and cultural groups from around the world.
- The Surajkund Mela 2018 shall pay an awe-inspiring tribute to the most-thronged banks of Varanasi’s holy Ganges. About 8 ghats in number, namely, Tulsi Ghat, Janaki Ghat, Assi Ghat, Ganga Mahal Ghat, Harishchandra Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat and Sangam Ghat will be one of the star attractions.
- The main assembly area of the Surajkund Mela is constructed on the theme of Ramayana. The stage of the assembly area sees a landscape of the famous Kanak Bhawan Temple of Ayodhya. To the left of the stage is scene of the home coming of Lord Rama. And on the right is the grandeur of Ayodhya city under the regime of Lord Rama.
- The folk artists if the SAARC nations have been invited to showcase their talent in Surajkund Mela 2018. In the Surajkund Mela 2018, the craftsmen and artists of about 25 countries will showcase their expertise through their beautiful creations.
If you're fan of Indian handicrafts and Indian culture, do visit this popular Surajkund International Handicraft Mela 2018 and give yourself a delightful treat.