The 33rd edition of a stupefying bonanza comprising of vivid art and crafts, music and dance, splash of colours and rhythm of drums is back with many countries participating in it. Yes, we are talking about the Surajkund Mela 2019. The ethnic cuisines and an immersive cultural ethos adds on to this international fest. One of the most awaited fairs in the city, Surajkund Mela 2019 is extremely popular for exhibiting the diverse cultural heritage not only of our country but also from around the globe. The handicrafts and handloom products from every corner of the country is put on sale at this Surajkund Mela 2019. Surakund Mela takes place for a fortnight every year in the 1st week of February.
Surajkund Mela holds special importance for artists and people who love to shop for handicrafts and handloom products. The Surajkund Mela is organised every year to give a mega platform to the small scale craftsmen and boost the handicraft industry of the country. Over 1000 artists and craftsmen from across the nation would be displaying their art work and handicraft skills in the Surajkund Mela 2019.
The Surajkund Mela 2019 will see a spectacular showcase of regional and international crafts, along with some traditional mouth-watering delicacies. The Surajkund Mela 2019, would attract more than a million of visitors from across the world. Here are the details about the Surajkund Mela 2019,that will answer all your queries regarding this mega event.
Surajkund Mela 2019: Curtain Raised on 1st February
The curtains of this internationally acclaimed Surajkund Mela 2019 will be raised on February 1st 2019. Occupying a space on the International tourist Calendar since 1987 Surajkund Mela observes more than a million of visitors during the 17 day long event. The event will mark its closure on 17th February 2019.
Surajkund Mela 2019: Where is it Being Held?
The Surajkund Mela 2019 like every year is being held in the Surajkund District of Faridabad, with the support of Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of tourism, textiles, culture and external affairs.
Surajkund Mela 2019: Theme of the Mega Event
For the 33rd edition of the Surajkund Mela, the state of Maharashtra has been chosen to be the theme state.This year the people will get to view the ethnicity and rich cultural heritage of Maharashtra along with other states in India.
Surajkund Mela 2019: Timings of the Event
The Surajkund Mela 2019 is open for visitors from 10:30 am to 8:30 pm. The visitors are free to explore the fair for an entire day, spend some good time with their friends and family.
Surajkund Mela 2019: Ticket Availability
If you are one of those who hates to stand in the long queue just to get the passes or the tickets for the event then here we have a way out for you. Click on the link below and you can get your tickets online and reduce the hassle.
Major Highlights Of Surajkund Mela 2019
Surajkund Mela 2019 has a lot to offer to its visitors here are some of the major attractions of the Surajkund Mela 2019
- Thailand is the partner nation for Surajkund Mela 2019.
- The Surajkund Mela 2019 will also offer a variety of multi-cuisine food from across the country. The visitors can try out lip smacking regional, national and international food.
- The ‘Food Court Haveli' of the Surajkund Mela 2019 is getting revamped for the international visitors to enjoy the traditional Indian cuisines.
- Apart from handloom products and regional food, the Surajkund Mela 2019 guarantees entertainment. The Surajkund Mela 2019 will see performances by several renowned folk artistes and cultural groups from around the world.
- Musical evenings at the ‘Natyashala' where the best of musicians from various states come together to treat your ears to soothing traditional music of different areas of the country, something you can't experience anywhere else.
Surajkund Mela 2019: Things to Do
- Shopping: For all the shopaholics out there Surajkund Mela 2019 is here, where you can shop for handicrafts to textiles, carpets to wall hangings, fragrant soaps to organically grown spices, there's nothing you can't buy at the Surajkund International Crafts Mela.
- Cuisines: Now for the foodies, the Surajkund Mela 2019 is here to entice your taste buds with the ethnic taste from various states in India. Offering travelers the chance to indulge in varied delicious delicacies of different states and regions, the various food stalls and the enormous Food Court of Surajkund Mela 2019 are sure to take you on a gastronomical joyride.
- Cultural Performances: Known for the rich traditional and cultural events, the Surajkund Mela is back again to give some peace to your wandering minds with some soothing regional and cultural performances.
- Helicopter Ride: Enjoy the aerial view of the Surajkund Mela 2019 with this interesting and adventurous helicopter ride.
- Amusement Zone: The amusement zone is the place where your children will enjoy the most, after all the shopping you can just sit back and relax and see your children enjoy various thrilling rides at the amusement zone in the Surajkund Mela 2019.
Surajkund Mela 2019: Places to Visit Near Surajkund
- Surajkund Lake
- Surajkund Hot Spring
- Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
- Anagpur Dam
If you're fan of Indian handicrafts and Indian culture, do visit this popular Surajkund International Handicraft Mela 2019 and give yourself a delightful treat.