Since the air fare starts soaring high during peak seasons, people in India still depend upon trains for travelling from one destined point to the other. People are also looking for assistance on how to make train tickets reservation online and we have detailed this for you here. Indian Railways has one of the largest networks of trains across the world. Around 20 million people use railway transportation and travel by train daily. But before you travel in train you certainly need to have a railway ticket. A railway ticket can be booked offline as well as online. With the government joining the pace with technology it has converted most of its offline business into online. Railway ticket booking is also an example of one such business. However most of us do not know how to make train tickets reservation online. Most of the railway counter have long ques of people waiting for their turn to come. To encounter this issue the Railway ministry launched online booking facility for the users, but most of us are still unaware about how to book train tickets online. By following some simple steps and keeping a small checklist in mind you can easily find the answer to how to make railway reservation online.
Here is a small checklist of the things you would require to make railway reservation online.
- A proper internet connectivity
- IRCTC Account (if you do not have an account, then first you will have to make an account and then only you will be able to book tickets online)
- An ID Proof (Voter ID, Aadhar, or any other ID proof)
- Debit/Credit Card (Now you can also use e-wallet for ease of payment)
- Codes of both the destination and boarding stations.
After you have made sure you have all the things (that are mentioned in the checklist) ready, you can now proceed to look for an answer to how to book train tickets online.
Step to Follow for How to Book Train Ticket Reservations Online
Steps to Book Railway Tickets Using IRCTC
By following these simple and easy steps you can easily book your train tickets online:
- Step 1) Log in to your IRCTC account (If you don't have a Irctc account then you will need to create one)
- Step 2) After logging in to your account, you will be automatically directed to a page where you will be asked to fill in your journey details. Journey details include information like From Station Code, To station Code, Date of Journey.
- Step 3) After filling in your journey details click on find trains, the site will show you a complete list of train between that particular pair of destination.
- Step 4) Now choose best train and the class you wish to travel in. After choosing these option the site will show the seat availability in the particular category.
- Step 5) Once you see the ‘Book Now' option click on it and you will be redirected to the page where you will be asked to submit passenger details. Passenger details include Passenger's name, age, sex, birth preference, food preference (for some trains), senior citizen and ID card number. You will also need to fill a authenticate phone number on which your ticket details would be sent.
- Step 6) After filling in the details the page will ask you to conform the details, once the details are submitted, you will be redirected to the payment gateway page.
- Step 7) Here at the payment gateway you will be asked to choose the payment method. As per the chosen payment option you will be asked to fill in the card details or the wallet details and make the payment.
- Step 8) Finally after the payment is made you will receive a confirmation mail as well as a confirmation message on the registered mail ID and phone number.
We will also deal with how to book train tickets online using other websites like Goibibo, MakeMyTrip and Cleartrip.
How to Make Train Tickets Reservations Online via Goibibo
- Step 1) Log in to your Goibibo account
- Step 2 After logging in, you will be asked to submit your journey details, after filling in the journey details click on ‘Find Trains'.
- Step 3 After clicking on ‘Find Trains' you will be redirected to IRCTC page and will need to follow the steps mentioned above.
How to Book Train Tickets Online via MakeMyTrip
- Step 1) Go to www.makemytrip.com/railways/
- Step 2) Enter both the stations from where to where you wish to travel, and other journey details.
- Step 3) Now search for the trains and choose the class you want to travel in.
- Step 4) Fill in the passenger details and the boarding details.
- Step 5) Finally choose the payment method.
- Step 6) After the payment has been made you will be redirected to IRCTC page where you will need to log in using your user ID and password to confirm the booking.
How to Book Train Tickets Online via Cleartrip
- Step 1) Go to www.cleartrip.com/tourism/train/routes/
- Step 2) Fill in the details required to search trains
- Step 3) Click on search trains
- Step 4) As soon as you will click on search trains you will be automatically redirected to IRCTC page, from here follow the steps that were mentioned under how to make railway tickets reservations online via IRCTC.
This is the answer to how to book train tickets online using various websites including IRCTC. Online ticket booking save you from standing in long ques and wasting your valuable time.
Read here : How To Pay HDFC Credit Card Bills Online
Read here : How To Pay Electricity Bills Online
Read here : How To Recharge Airtel Full Talk Time Online
The HotDeals360 team writes about stuff we think you'll like. HotDeals360 has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
HotDeals360 stands out to be one of its kind covering a versatile range of topics. We are a team of experienced writers who excel in their own forte. We certainly love tech but that does not mean we hate fashion, travel movies and food. HotDeals360 is a rapidly growing site and our editorial independence is backed by a team of experts. HotDeals360 will not only tell you about the coolest new stuffs but we also work hard to bring to you the latest offers and coupons from our allied sites. HotDeals360 is designed to help users find the best offers on electronics, movies, travel, food, fashion and much more.