Aloe Vera For Hair: Some Quick and Easy Hacks
Aloe vera is rich in around 75 nutrients that combine the goodness of about 18 amino acids, 20 minerals and 12 power vitamins to give you healthy and radiant-looking hair. Aloe vera is a boon for hair health as it contains amazing anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and healing properties. Aloe vera can be used to combat various hair related problems such as dryness, hair thinning, dullness, split ends, dandruff and more and its consistent usage ensures healthy and fuller hair. Below, we've listed the benefits of aloe vera for hair along with some home remedies for hair that you can incorporate in your hair regime to instantly up your hair game.
DIY Aloe Vera Hair Oil
Below, find the simple hair oil recipe using aloe vera that you can easily prepare freshly at home to gain the most of it. This DIY aloe vera hair oil will help you enrich your damaged scalp by penetrating the abundance of vitamins, nutrients, minerals and amino acids so that it repairs and rejuvenates your hair.
- Cut the thorns from the leaf and scrape out the aloe vera pulp from the plant. The quantity of the aloe vera pump has to be approximately 50 grams.
- Add the pulp of aloe vera is a mixer grinder and make a paste of it
- Keep the paste aside and in a pan take 100ml coconut oil.
- Add the aloe vera pulp into the pan and start stirring the mixture.
- Once the oil begins to turn brown in color, take it off the stove, cool it down, strain it and store it in a dry bottle.
- Massage this hair oil on the scalp, keep it for approximately 30 minutes and wash it off with your regular shampoo and condition. For best results, use it twice to thrice a week.
Aloe Vera Hair Masks For Healthy Hair
Aloe vera hair mask can be used along with many other ingredients to treat various hair problems to give you a healthy scalp. Take a look at the below aloe vera hair masks and try inculcating them in your hair care routine twice a week to achieve shiny and lustrous tresses. To drench your hair with maximum benefits, we suggest you opt for simple hair spa steps so that you can deeply nourish and treat the scalp from within and achieve thick and voluminous hair over time.
1. Aloe Vera Juice for Normal Hair
- Scrape out the pulp of the aloe vera from the leaf.
- Blend it in a mixer grinder and make it into a paste.
- Strain out the juice from the paste using a tea strainer and remove the pulp.
- Store the juice in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge. (it can be stored for up to 2 weeks).
- Using a cotton ball, apply it daily on the scalp and wash it off with a mild shampoo. For best results either use it daily or every alternate day.
2. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Oily Scalp
- Take three tablespoons of aloe vera gel and a few drops of lemon juice and tea tree essential oil.
- Mix it well and apply it on the scalp.
- Leave it on the scalp for 20-30 minutes and wash it off with your regular shampoo followed by a conditioner.
3. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Dry Hair
- Take aloe vera gel, yogurt and olive oil and mix it in the ratio of 3:2:1.
- Massage it on the hair and scalp for 10 minutes and leave it on the another 10 minutes.
- Wash it off using lukewarm water and avoid washing your hair with shampoo right after using this mask.
4. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Flaky Scalp
- Scrape out the aloe from the leaf of the plant and mix it with apple cider vinegar in the ratio of 2:1
- Apply it on the hair and scalp, leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash it off with a mild anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Use this hair mask, to the max, twice a week to avoid the apple cider vinegar harming the scalp due to excessive usage.
5. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Thin Hair
- Take approximately 3-4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix it with one tablespoon of castor oil.
- Apply it on the hair and scalp and leave it on for around 20 minutes.
- Wash off the hair with a mild shampoo using normal temperature water.
6. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Hair Growth
- Take one shot of espresso, one tablespoon hung curd, one teaspoon honey, half over-ripe banana and three tablespoons of aloe vera juice.
- Mix all of the ingredients well to make a paste and apply it on the hair and scalp.
- Cover the hair and scalp using a shower cap and leave the hair mask on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the hair mask using normal temperature water and avoid using shampoo on the hair on the same day.
7. Aloe Vera Hair Mask To Combat Breakage
- Take three teaspoons of aloe vera gel and add one egg in it.
- Whisk the mixture well to get thick consistency and apply it on your hair using a brush.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave the hair mask on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the hair mask from the hair using lukewarm water and wash the hair with a shampoo.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Hair
- Soothes the scalp and conditions hair
- Reduces dandruff, dryness and split ends
- Regulates sebum production
- Unblocks hair follicles
- Strengthens hair strands
- Improves the hair texture
- Boosts hair growth
- Combat hair thinning and hair fall
- Helps treat fungal infections
- Reverses damage and combats frizzy hair
- Helps rejuvenate the tresses
- Contributes to cell turnover
Frequently Asked Questions About Aloe Vera For Hair
How to use aloe vera on hair?
This plant can be used in various ways on hair and scalp to reverse the damage and promote healthy hair. You can use the aloe vera gel directly on scalp, mix it with hair oil or make a aloe vera hair mask. The usage of aloe vera ensures the eradication of fungal infections and helps provide a healthy scalp that boosts hair growth.
Can aloe vera be applied directly to hair?
Yes, the raw gel extracted from the aloe vera plant is absolutely safe and so can be applied on hair and scalp to reverse hair damage. In case you are unable to find an aloe vera plant, you can also shop for natural aloe vera gels that are free from artificial colours and chemicals.
Is it safe to keep the gel overnight?
Aloe vera contains vitamins A, C, and E and fresh or natural aloe vera gels have a plethora of skincare and hair care benefits. You can easily apply aloe vera gel to your hair and leave it overnight to combat dandruff, dryness and frizzy hair. We suggest, you indulge in this regime twice a week and not more than that.
Do you apply the gel on wet hair or dry?
You can apply aloe vera gel on both wet and dry hair. Apply aloe vera gel on wet hair if you want to use aloe vera as a leave-in conditioner, and on dry hair if you wish to use it as a hair mask.
Does applying aloe vera gel make hair thicker?
Aloe vera contains amazing rejuvenation and nourishing properties which help combat various hair problems and boost hair growth. The vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes present in this can promote thicker, longer and stronger hair.
Viveka is known to her friends as a movie junkie who is also a creative fashion enthusiast in red lipstick. She's passionate about writing! Be it fashion, beauty or movies she is pro. In her free time, she loves to play badminton, cook and binge watch movies. She's also a great observer who has a quirky take on various things, well only close ones know this. Nothing stops her from personifying the creative game.