Video editing is the art which only few have accomplished. It was pretty much difficult in the past and video editing was left to the best professionals only. Now with latest soft wares like Final Cut Pro in Apple and Adobe Premiere Pro in Windows has pretty much made everyone somewhere or the other as a video editor. Today everything is changing with the technology, everyone knows technology has provided them so many options to choose. But finding the right laptop to shovel up your video editing skills is a bit complicated. Well, complication is the part which we think you need not to worry because we have assembled some of the best laptops for video editing, all details like processor, graphics, storage space, RAM, high resolution display were kept in mind while making the list, so check it out.
The Best Laptops for Video Editing
- Apple Macbook Air MQD42HN/A 13-inch Laptop
- HP Spectre X360
- ASUS S510UN-BQ217T 2017 15.6-inch Laptop
- Acer Predator Helios 300 High- Performance Laptop
- Apple MacBook Pro MJLQ2HN/A 15-inch Laptop
- ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE-EN169T
- Asus Vivo Book Max R541UV-GO573T 15.6-Inch HD Laptop
- Dell Inspiron i5577-7359BLK
- 8. MSI Titan Pro 4K GT73VR 7RF 17.3-inch Laptop
Here is a list of the best laptops for video editing in India
1. Apple Macbook Air MQD42HN/A 13-inch Laptop
First on the list we have Apple Macbook Air,the best laptop for video editing is this thin and light weight ultra-book weighing upto 1.35 kg only.. Yup! Apple has yet again proved itself to be the best. Apple Macbook Air MQD42HN comes with powerful 1.8 GHz Intel core i5 processor and integrated graphics which makes it perfect for video editing. That's not all, the proper functioning of video editing software is based on its RAM and storage space, therefore, this laptop provides you 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 256 GBstorage. Video editing is at the end resulting a visually perfect video so Apple Macbook Air MQD42HN provides you with 13 inch Intel HD graphics 6000.
- Durability and mobility
- Decent harware
- Supports multiple useful apps
- impressive battery life
- Limited upgrade options
- Limited storage
2. HP Spectre x360
The HP Spectre x360 is an elegant machine capable of completing the HandBrake benchmark in 10 minutes and 45 seconds. Its 15.6-inch, 4K display is a little dim (247 nits), but it will blow you away with 157 percent of the sRGB spectrum. To top it all off, the Spectre x360 features a super comfortable keyboard and a battery that can last up to 8 hours and 9 minutes on a charge. The included HP Active Pen has two programmable buttons and 2,048 pressure sensitivity levels.
- Rigid and classy design in metalic chasis
- Decent mix of ports
- Value for money
- Display needs improvement
- Battery life not that great
3. ASUS S510UN-BQ217T Laptop
This the best laptop for video editing as it is very much compact. 17.9mm thin and 1.7 kg light with spun metal finish , this laptop is a must have for every video editor. It offers you with Full HD IPS NanoEdge display. It provides with Intel core i5 processor with 8 GB DDR4 RAM. Not only this, its mostg feature is that it has fast charging feature which lets your laptop charge up to 69 % in just 49 minutes. So, no worrying of connecting to charger every now and then and edit your videos perfectly.
- Reasonable price
- Great UI and AI
- Backlit keyboard
- Cool and Quiet Functioning
- Mediocre battery life
4. Acer Predator Helios 300 High- Performance Laptop
This the best laptop for video editing if you are tight on your budget as ASUS Predator Helios 300 comes with so many features under budget. Yes, if start listing it will never end but it comes with 15.6 inch widescreen full HD display which fairly ok as compared to ASUS Vivobook as 1080p IPS panel gets the video editing done. Its features makes it a best for a gaming laptop but its features in a nutshell makes it best for video editing too. It is powered by 7th Generation Intel Core i7 quad core processor and provides you with 16 GB of RAM and 256 GB storage. Opt for this if you want good video editing laptop at good budget.
- Stylish design
- Great display
- High performance
- Software design requires improvement
- Sound system is below expectation
5. Apple MacBook Pro MJLQ2HN/A 15-inch Laptop
All MacBook lovers out there, we have best device for your Final Cut Pro software. Apple Macbook Pro is the best laptop for video editing who prefers to work on Final Cut Pro. All content creation in most of the organizations is done on Apple especially video editing. Therefore, Apple MacBook Pro comes with touch bar so you can scroll your timeline just with touch. It comes with 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory, 256GB PCIe-based flash storage. It works on macOS operating system. Its also provides you with 15.4 inch Retina Display with 2880*1800 resolution and AMD Radeon Pro 555 GPU graphics. Can't take so many features, right! But it also provides you a long battery life for up to 9 hours.
- Beautiful, high-resolution "Retina" display
- Powerful speakers
- Incredibly sleek, lightweight aluminum case
- Processor and RAM are soldered to the motherboard and cannot be replaced or upgraded
- Some users may find the "Touch Bar" gimmicky and largely unnecessary
6. ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE-EN169T
ASUS has a never ending list of best laptops for video editing and yet another one which marks this list is ASUS ROG Strix GL703VD. Its 17.3 inch full HD display with 173 degree is a treat for those who like to work on bigger display. It comes with i7 quad-core Kaby Lake processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB DDR5 graphics which backs up your video editing rendering. You can also multitask as it comes with 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB FireCuda SSHD storage to stoare all your videos.
- 120 HZ makes the experience very smooth and nice
- Good display
- Nice specs at this range
- Does not heat up easily
- Battery life isn't that great
7. Asus Vivo Book Max R541UV-GO573T 15.6-Inch HD Laptop
This laptop is known as the student friendly laptop as it is best for the student who kick started their career in films or started a new Youtube channel and for sure it is pocket friendly too. It offers you 2.5 GHz intel core i5-7200U 7th generation processor. This may not seem a good laptop as compared to others but it is best for the young video editors. It comes with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 920MX 2 GB DDR5 graphics and provides you 8 GB RAM and 256 GB storage which can store all your data without any worries. It seems to be a pretty much cool and a great deal.
- Perfect for gamers and video editors
- Smooth functioning
- Battery life satisfactory
- Lacks DVD drive
8. Dell Inspiron i5577-7359BLK
Dell Inspiron i5577-7359BLK offers you a best laptop for video editing as it is loaded with so many features. It bestows you with 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM and 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive+ 128 GB Solid State Drive. Not onlY this, the RAM is upgradable up to 32 GB which makes it unique from other laptops. Its anti- glare LED backlit display which is 15.6 inch full HD witH 1920*1080 resolution gives you a display which you will love for sure. It offers you NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB DDR5 graphics. Overall, the set of optical features makes it a good buy.
- Premium design
- Excellent battery life
- Decent performance
- Few software quirks
- Dim display
9. MSI Titan Pro 4K GT73VR 7RF 17.3-inch Laptop
The best laptop for video editing, MSI Titan Pro 4K GT73VR comes with 3.6 GHz Intel core i7-7820HK 7th generation processor. Video editors would be thrilled to work at this machine as it provides you with 17.3 inch display with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB graphics. The multitasking performance will be very easy as it provides 32 GB of RAM and lets you store unlimited amount of data for up to 1 TB hard drive with 128GB SSD. Again, MSI is a great brand to opt for as it the most popular brand for its performance and that is why they are known as gaming laptops.
- Immersive screen to body ratio
- Smooth performance
- Excellent graphics
- Poor battery life
- Quite heavy
Buying Guide for the Best Laptops for Video Editing
- Platform: Choose the appropiate platform on which you can work comfortably. You can opt either for Mac, Windows or Chrome. If all these does not suit what you need you can simply opt for a DOS where you can install any of the platform as per your needs.
- Screen Size: When looking to buy the best laptop for video editing, then screen size has a major role to play. You should not opt for too small screen as it will hamper the clarity of the videos and a big screen laptop might not be portable. So always opt for a medium sized screen ranging between 13 inches to 15 inches.
- 2-in-1 or Detachable: With the regular advancement in the laptop industry now there are laptops that can easily be fliped and then there are some that can be detached and act like a small tablet. Depending upon the kind of work you will be doing you can choose either a 2-in-1 model or a model with detachable screen.
- Keyboard and Touchpad: Now a days all the modern laptops have included the touch feature. The best video editing laptops shoul have a touchpad as it makes video editing a little simpler task.
- Choose Your Own Specs: Just because your friend has the latest version of a laptop doesn't mean you should also own it. Look for the specs that you would require depending upon the kind of work you wouldbe performing on that particular device.
- Battery Life: Batter life is one thing that we often ignore while planning to buy a new laptop, but this is not the right choice. You should certainly take into consideration the battery life of the laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Laptops for Video Editing
What is the best laptop for video editing?
Generally, the best laptops for video editing will have a powerful processor (CPU) and graphics card (GPU), an impressive display, and a hell of a lot of memory and storage. At HotDeals360.com we have handpicked the best video editing laptops for you.
Is laptop good for video editing?
Yes, cetainly laptop that come with a poweful CPU and ample of storage and dedicated graphics are considered to be good for video editing.
Is Core i5 good for video editing?
For 1080p video editing we would certainly suggest you to opt for a i5 processor, but if you need to work on higher quality vidoes then other processors like Ryzen or i7 is recomended.
What is a good cheap laptop for video editing?
If you are a beginner and would not like to spend a huge amount in to buying the best laptops for video editing then you can opt for laptops from Asus, Acer or Dell.
Is 256gb SSD enough for video editing?
This entirely depends upon the type of usage. If you wish to store your videos in SSD then you would require atleast 1TB, but if you only require the install the software, then 256GB would be quite sufficient.
How much RAM do I need to edit 4k video?
A minimum of 16 GB of RAM for HD is fine, but with 4K or 6K editing, that minimum rises to 32 GB or more.
That's all in the list but it depends upon your own preferences and combined usage which will determine the best video editing laptops for you.