Saina Nehwal Awards And Achievements
Saina Nehwal is one of the most inspiring woman in India. Her journey in becoming the most successful badminton player is quite an inspiring one. Saina Nehwal was born on 17th March, 1990 in Hyderabad. She has not only been the part various championships but also won many of them. In 2006, Nehwal won under-19 Asia Satellite Badminton tournament and became the national champion twice. She was named as the world's no. 1 badminton player on 2 April, 2015.Her success was on wheels when she became the first Indian woman and the youngest player to win 4- star tournament i.e. Philippines Open. When she was ranked 86 in the top badminton players, she stunned everyone by defeating the world no. 4 champion Xu Huaiwen and before that Julia Wong Pei Xian of Malaysia.
In 2008, she became the first Indian who defeated Sayaka Sato to win the World Junior Badminton Championships.Her proud journey took her to Olympics Games but lost to world no. 16 Maria Kristin Yulianti. But nevertheless, she continued to build her strength and in September 2008, she won the Yonex Chinese Taipei Open where she defeated Lydia Cheah Li Ya of Malaysia. She was also named as “The Most Promising Player” in 2008.In 2009, she won BWF Super Series and went on to became the first Indian to win the title, the most prominent badminton series of the world by winning the Indonesia Open. She also reached to the quarterfinals of World Championships but she lose to Wang Lin.
In 2010, Saina became the first Indian who reached the semifinals of the All-England Super Series. Not only this, she went to win the Grand Prix Gold by defeating Wong Mew Choo of Malaysia. Adding more to the list, she also won Singapore Open, Indonesia Open for the third time, BWF Super Series. On 15 July, 2010, she was ranked as the world no. 2 player behind Wang Yihan of China.On the peak of her career, 2011 didn't seem to be pretty much good for Saina. She was crashed out of the Korea Open Super Series Premier on 27 January. She All England Super Series Premier to Eriko Hirose of Japan, but she met her again in Wilson Badminton Swiss Open and defeated Eriko on her birthday.
In 2015, she became the world no 1 player by defeating Spain's Carolina Marin in India Open Grand Prix Gold., moreover, she became the first woman shuttler to reach finals of All England Open Badminton Championships.Her talent and hardworking nature has always proved that she is one of the best badminton players in the whole world.
Awards And Achievements Of Saina Nehwal:
Apart from winning various championships, Saina Nehwal was honoured with prestigious awards in the field of sports. These are given as follows:
- Saina received Most Promising Player of the Year award by Badminton World Federation in 2008.
- Saina Nehwal received Arjuna Award in 2009
- Saina received Padma Shri in 2010
- Saina received Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2009–2010
- Saina Nehwal also received Padma Bhushan in the year 2016
Saina Nehwal Achievements in BWF World Tour:
- Saina Nehwal won Silver Medal in BWF World Junior Championships in 2006
- Won Gold Medal-winner in BWF World Junior Championships in 2008
- Saina Nehwal won Gold Medal-winner in Indonesia Open in 2009, 2010, 2012
- Won Gold Medal-winner in Hong Kong Open in 2010
- Won Bronze Medal in Olympic Games in 2012
- Saina Nehwal won Gold Medal-winner in Denmark Open in 2012
- Saina Nehwal won Gold Medal-winner in China Open in 2014
- Won Gold Medal-winner in Australian Open in 2014
- Won Silver Medal in BWF World Championship in 2015
- Saina Nehwal won Gold Medal-winner in India Open in 2015
Saina Nehwal Achievements in BWF Superseries:
- Saina Nehwal was the winner and won Gold in the Australian Open in 2016
- She won Bronze medal in BWF World Championship in 2017
- Saina won Bronze medal in Asian Games 2018
- She was the Runner up in the Syed Modi International in 2018
- Saina was the Runner up in Denmark Open in 2018
- In the Indonesia Masters she the Runner up in 2018 and in 2019 she won Indonesia Masters.
- Saina received Bronze medal in Asian Championships in the 2010, 2016, 2018
- Saina Nehwal was the winner and won Gold medal in 2010, 2018
Saina Nehwal Achievements in BWF Grand Prix:
- 2017: In Malaysia Masters tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2015: Syed Modi International tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2014: Syed Modi International tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2012: Thailand Open tournament she was the Champion
- 2012: Swiss Open tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2011: Swiss Open tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2011: Malaysia Masters tournament Saina was the Runner-up
- 2010: India Open tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2009: Syed Modi International tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2008: Chinese Taipei Open tournament Saina was the Champion
- 2006: Philippines Open tournament Saina was the Champion
Saina Nehwal Endorsements
Saina Nehwal has been breaking records not just with her game but also with the number of endorsements she has been doing in the years. She has become a strong competitor to MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli in the endorsement game. Saina climbs the chart of endorsements and achievements both together. Keloggs, Iodex and other such popular brands she has been endorsing available to shop for online on Amazon.
Kellogg's Corn Flakes Original, High in Iron, High in B Group Vitamins, Breakfast Cereals, 900g/875g (weight may vary)
Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil, 5L Jar
Saina Nehwal Awards And Achievements
|Product||Price in India|
|Playing to Win: Saina Nehwal||₹ 199|
|Saina Nehwal- An Inspirational Biography||₹ 241|
|Kellogg's Corn Flakes Original, High in Iron, High in B Group Vitamins, Breakfast Cereals, 900g/875g (weight may vary)||₹ 310|
|Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil, 5L Jar||₹ 1,599|
YONEX GR 303 Saina Nehwal Special Edition Aluminum Badminton Racquet (Black)
YONEX GR 303 Saina Nehwal Special Edition Aluminium Badminton Racquet (Black) - Set of 2. Aluminum
Viveka is known to her friends as a movie junkie who is also a creative fashion enthusiast in red lipstick. She's passionate about writing! Be it fashion, beauty or movies she is pro. In her free time, she loves to play badminton, cook and binge watch movies. She's also a great observer who has a quirky take on various things, well only close ones know this. Nothing stops her from personifying the creative game.