Anshuka Sharma's Digital Debut Patal Lok Trailer, Review, Release Date and Cast
Patal Lok the gritty and newly launched show on Amazon Prime is produced under the banner of Anushka Sharma's Clean Slate Filmz and this happens to be her first digital web production. Written and directed by the ever so brilliant Sudip Sharma the show is now streaming on Amazon Prime as a Prime Original Video.
Though to be an investigative thriller, Patal Lok series is inspired by the ancient realm of Dharti, Swarg and Pataal Lok. The story revolves around a down and out cop Hathi Ram (Jaideep Ahlawat). The protagonist lands up with a case of his lifetime when CBI nabs 4 suspects in an attempt to assassinate a prime time journalist and hands them over to the local police for further investigation.
In the first few seconds of the first episode of the series, Hati Ram introduces his junior Ansari (Ishwak Singh) to the three Loks and their distinctions. He co-relates these Loks with the prevailing class system in the country and tells him that the Swarg Lok is the symbol of rich and posh people where any crime done, is subsided easily, the Dharti Lok symbolizes the middle class who are leading a comfortable life but at times can be troubled by the goons of the Patal Lok, and finally speaking about the Patal Lok he says its a place where nobody wants to live and even the smallest crime committed here is reported and signifies the most deprived class of the society.
Patal Lok Web Series Release Date
The series created a huge buzz as soon as its trailer was out on May 5. People were eagerly waiting for the series to release on Amazon Prime. The good news is that the show has been released on May 15, and is now streaming on Amazon Prime.
Patal Lok Trailer
Patal Lok Cast
The entire Patal Lok cast is a team of top-notch talented people like Jaideep Ahlawat, Neeraj Kabi, Abhishek Banerjee, Gul Panag, and Swastika Mukherjee playing vital roles.
- Jaideep Alhawat as Hathi Ram Chaudhary
- Neeraj Kabi as Journalist Sanjeev Mehra
- Abhishek Banarjee as Vishal Tyagi
- Niharika Lyra Dutt as Sara Matthews
- Swastika Mukherjee as Dolly
- Jagjeet Sandhu as Tope Singh
- IshwakSingh as Imran Ansari
- Gul Panag as Renu
Patal Lok Reviews
This one of the best series on Amazon so far keeps you glued from the very first episode. If you are someone who prefers multi-tasking while watching movies and series then let me tell you that this series is just not meant for you. The beauty of this series lies in the small and minute details, if you happen to miss one you will be lost.
The series has been rated as 18+ due to the use of abusive language and sexual violence sciences. The series very well shows the dark side of the enforcement of law and establishes a relationship between media, politics and crime.
Though there is a minimal conversation between the characters through dialogues, their expressions, eye and body language creates the magic. The show somewhere down the line is based upon the Tarun Tejpal's (ex-Tehelka editor-in-chief) book 'The Story of My Assasins'.
Within the nine episodes of the series, you are taken on a journey to all the three different worlds only to make you realize that all that glitters is not gold. You will clearly make out that the so-called 'Swarg' is not at all great and neither all the citizens of the Patal Lok are creepy.
Jaideep Ahlawat's acting is cherry on the cake and steals the show away!
My review of Sudip Sharma's #PaatalLok https://t.co/jSbImT2uSm @Mint_Lounge— Raja Sen (@RajaSen) May 15, 2020
Interesting Facts About the Amazon Prime Series and Its Cast
Here are some interesting facts about the series that you might have missed.
- The makers of the show were very particular about timing of the launch of the trailer of the series. The trailer was released at 11:34 PM on May 5. Now if you are wondering that what's so special about the time then just try writing the time on a writing pad and read it upside down, it will loom quite similar to 'Hell'. Anushka Sharma too on her post prior to the release states that the Door to Hell opens soon.
- Playing the role of journalist Sanjeev Mehra in the show, Neeraj Kab has earlier worked in films like 'Ship of Theseus and 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy'. Kabi is predominantly a theatre actor and conducts acting classes.
- A well-established actor in Bollywood Jaideep Ahlawat is known to be the villain of modern cinema. The protagonist of the show he plays the role of Inspector Hathi Ram.
- Abhishek Banarjee who will be seen in the role of Hathoda Tyagi a criminal in the series is a renowned actor, writer, and casting director. He had earlier written the script for Pari featuring Anushka Sharma, who also happens to be the producer of the show.
Watch the series streaming now on Amazon Prime and enjoy!!