DU Admissions 2020 Registrations Begin
National Testing Agency has started registration process for Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET). For the Delhi University (DU), admission to most of the courses is done on the basis of merit or marks obtained in class 12, but for some courses admissions are based on entrance exams.
Students who wish to apply for DUET based admissions for selected courses will have to register on or before July 4.
Candidates can apply at nta.ac.in or du.ac.in. beginning today, the registration process will start from July 20. About 1.8 lakh students have already applied as of now as per the official data, and the application number for this year is predicted to cross that of last year.
#DelhiUniversity | Delhi University DUET 2020 registration begins: Entrance-based courses, how to apply, exam pattern https://t.co/7nuPbmPRDM | #DU— Delhi University News (@AllDUNews) June 24, 2020
There will be five regular cut off lists and one special list can also be expected towards the end of the admission process, which is much less than what it used to be earlier. 2019 saw eight cut off lists and 2018 saw 11 which will now be only five.
Considering the current COVID-19 pandemic and the related dangers, the entire admission process will be contact less and completely online. Following this, the cut off lists will be released on the listed official websites and also in local newspapers.
Process for DU Application
Step 1: Visit their official website : du.ac.in or click open this link : http://www.du.ac.in/du/uploads/COVID-19/admissions.html
Step 2: Click on the tab ‘admissions 2020'
Step 3: Click on the UG or PG admission link, based on the course
Step 4: Register using personal details
Step 5: Pay fee for the registration process
DU Admission Fee
- The fee is Rs. 750 for entrance-based courses, while for reserved category candidates the fee is Rs 300.
- For merit-based courses the fee is tapped at Rs. 350, and for reserved category candidates the fee is tapped at Rs 100.
DU Admissions 2020: Exam Pattern
the tests will have Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) (four choices each) and will be two hours long. The questionnaire will see negative marking with 100 questions. Each correct answer will get a score of plus four marks, and each wrong answer will get a score of minus one mark.
For music courses, the entrance test will be practical, and students will have to record and send videos of them singing.
List of Courses for which DUET is being held
- BA (H) Business Economics
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- BBA Financial Investment Analysis
- BTech Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations
- BA (H) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- BSc in Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports
- BA (H) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism
- MA Buddhist Studies
- MA Linguistics
- MA Russian Students
- MSc Bio-Physics
- MTech Microwave Electronics
- MSc Genetics
- MSc Informative
- MPEd LLM
- MCA Master of operational Research
- MSc Forensic Science
- MSc/MSc-PhD combined degree course – biomedical science
- MA, MSc environmental science
- MA Lifelong Learning and extension
- MA East Asia Studies
- MA Japanese
- MA Social Work
- MA Journalism
- MSc Mathematics Education