Mahendra Singh Dhoni or MS Dhoni popularly called as Mahi, has been one the calmest cricket captains Indian has ever had. Also known to be a great finisher in all the formats of the game , MS Dhoni has proved himself precious for the team time and again. No matter what the critics say he has always showcased a class when he is on-field. A great bit of his personal life was already told to the in his biopic, MS Dhoni - The Untold Story, but here we're here to throw some light on the list of his records, awards and his best achievements, which undoubtedly makes him the one of the best cricketers, and we the proud Indians. Here we will be telling you about Dhoni's career records and achievements that he has received so far. Dhoni already has a number of records and achievements to his name and is known to be one of the most successful Indian skipper till date. He is strongly being followed by the present Indian skipper Virat Kohli, who is a bit aggressive on field but maintains his cool very easily. So have a look at MS Dhoni's cricketing records, awards and achievements.
MS Dhoni Cricket Records:
MS Dhoni International Cricket Achievements:
- MS Dhoni holds a record of the most international stumpings of 161.
- As a captain, Dhoni has played the most number of 331 international matches.
- As a captain, Dhoni has hit 204 international sixes.
- While playing as a Wicket-keeper, MS Dhoni has also Bowled 9 times.
- Dhoni is the fourth Indian Cricketer to have completed century of half-centuries.
MS Dhoni Top Test Cricket Records:
- Under Dhoni's captaincy in 2009, for the first time, India had topped the Test cricket rankings.
- MS Dhoni holds the record for longest unbeaten run in Tests right from his debut to 11 matches.
- Dhoni is the first Indian wicket-keeper to complete 4000 test runs.
- Dhoni, eclipsing the record of Saurav Ganguly, has become the most successful Indian Test captain with 27 Test wins.
- As an Indian wicket-keeper, Dhoni has scored the fastest century with the total score of around 148 in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
MS Dhoni Top ODI Cricket Records:
- Dhoni is the third captain to win 100 games.
- Dhoni scored 183 runs against Sri Lanka in 2005, this being the highest score secured by a wicket-keeper.
- Dhoni has highest batting average of 50.96 among the wicket-keepers.
- Dhoni, in 2017, became the first Indian to hit 200 sixes in ODIs, his overall ranking is fifth.
- Dhoni, as a captain and also as a wicket-keeper, holds the record for playing 199 matches, which is most number of matches in ODI history.
- Dhoni in the recently conducted India-Australia bilateral series has been named as the player of the series. With this he has become the oldest Indian player to have won the ODI player of the series award.
- Dhoni scored 3 consecutive 50's in all the three matches of the bilateral series against Australia.
MS Dhoni Top T20I Cricket Records:
- Played the most T20I innings before scoring a fifty, was around 66.
- Dhoni is the first player to score 1000 runs in T20Is.
- Dhoni has played the most number of matches in T20I as a captain and has also served as a wicket-keeper.
- Dhoni groped most catches as wicket-keeper in T20 Internationals.
- He won 41 T20I matches as captain, which is the highest so far.
- MS Dhoni has slated his name in history by becoming the 3rd Indian cricketer to play 500 international matches.
MS Dhoni Awards and Achievements:
Dhoni has been the recipient of many awards and achievements check them out below:
- Dhoni received Padma Bhushan on Monday the third highest civilian award on the seventh anniversary of the famous World Cup.
- Dhoni is the first player to receive this award twice: ICC ODI Player of the Year award in 2008 and 2009.
- Dhoni received The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007.
- Dhoni received The Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian honour, in 2009.
- In 2009, Dhoni was named as the captain of ICC World Test XI and ICC World ODI XI teams.
- Dhoni has been felicitated with Honorary doctorate degree by De Montfort University in August 2011.
- The Indian Territorial Army conferred the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel to Dhoni on 1st November 2011. After Kapil Dev, he is the second Indian cricketer to receive this honour.
- In 2011, Time magazine included Dhoni as one of the "Most Influential People in the World", in its annual Time 100 list.
- In 2012, MS Dhoni was rated as the 16th most marketable athlete in the world, by SportsPro.
- In 2013, Dhoni was felicitated with LG People's Choice Award
- In June 2015, Forbes ranked Dhoni at 23rd in the list of highest paid athletes in the world.
- In 2016, a biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story was made on him.
- MS Dhoni has been Nominated for the Padma Bhushan Award by BCCI for Dhoni's immense contributions to Indian Cricket.
- MS Dhoni Nominated For Padma Bhushan Award.
MS Dhoni must have given up his captaincy but his list of awards and records are still reaching heights with each passing day. From Dhoni's unforgettable captaincy records and mind-blowing stellar knocks there are many things that make us look upon him in each game.