Instagram Launches Live Rooms For Four People: Here's How To Use It
Instagram has regularly been in headlines lately for constantly stirring up netizens with some or the other updates in features or reach algorithm. The popular social media application has yet again managed to grab the paparazzi by launching the feature of Live Rooms. This new feature will allow Instagrammers to live with three other users simultaneously, in contrast to just one. Here is everything you need to know on the subject.
What is Instagram Live?
Instagram Live is a feature that allows broadcasting live videos to other users on the platform in real-time. The feature works within the Instagram stories and is well-promoted by the social media platform. Whenever any user Instagrammer goes live, small pop up notifications are sent to the followers and the live story is shown at the top of the feed. It can be viewed by simply clicking on the story thumbnail.
How popular is this feature?
While the Instagram Live feature was an instant hit right from its launch in 2016, its popularity fueled up as the pandemic kicked in. Instagram live usage jumped by 70% in March 2020 and the statistics have been rolling up ever since. From content creators and celebrities to small businesses and even personal accounts have been going live more frequently than ever. Many psychologists and social scientists attributed this sudden spike to the human's innate need to fulfil their “social needs” of staying connected.
Why is Instagram Live used?
- It helps in massively increasing the visibility of the content by appearing at the front of the storyline.
- Since Instagram Lives are highlighted at the top bar of story thumbnails, these are more likely to draw user's attention than simple stories.
- They help in increasing the engagement of your page with the users which ultimately helps in shooting the reach.
- Since the stories are broadcasted in real-time, they are often associated with a sense of heightened curiosity and urgency.
- It helps in establishing transparency of content and is more likely to be viewed as authentic and genuine by the target audience, thereby, earning brownie points for the brand.
What is the newly launched feature of Live Rooms?
Instagram recently launched the feature of Live Rooms which will allow four users to go live simultaneously. Earlier only one user could be added to the live session. The launch is followed by the massive popularity of Instagram's Live feature over the past year, during the pandemic.
How can you use Instagram Live Rooms?
1. Open your Instagram feed and swipe left.
2. Select the live camera option.
3. Add a title for your live session and tap the Rooms icon to add your guests.
4. You can either select the accounts that have requested to go live with you, or you can search any guest of your choice and add it to your live.
5. You can either add all three guests in one go or in intervals.
6. When you start a Live Room, you'll remain at the top of the screen when you add guests.
7. As you end your live session, you can also select the option of sharing it as a video post on your feed.
A multi-media journalist and writer, Vaibhavi views the world as one big piece of poetry. Time and again she tries to capture this poetry through words, as well as, the lens. She loves to explore the depth of human psyche, philosophy, cultures, and oceans! Carrying forward this quest for exploration she reports on various beats ranging from tourism, culture, art, social issues, business, market trends, science and environment to technology. For her, the life mantra can be summarised with the catchphrases, “Hakuna Matata” and “Carpe Diem”.