Though Jaggery which commonly known as 'Gur' is made from unrefined sugar, it is the best solution to all the pollution problem that the nation's capital is going through these days. Raw sugarcane is boiled until it solidifies and then best jaggery (gur) is obtained out of the solidified sugarcane juice. However, sugarcane is not the only thing from which organic jaggery (gur) can be obtained. Jaggery (gur) can also be made from the sap of coconut and date palm.
Best Jaggery obtained from sugarcane is used widely and has a number of health benefits over white sugar. It is considered to be the best protection against the declining air quality and rising pollution. Along with being the best healthy substitute to sugar, sugarcane jaggery is also used to cleanse the body, help in digestion and provide appropriate amount of mineral to the body. Organic sugarcane jaggery (gur) is also used in a number of auspicious occasions and also in a number of Indian sweets. Here is a list of top organic jaggery brands on which you can rely:
Best Organic Jaggery
1. Pure & Sure Organic Jaggery:
Pure & Sure Organic sugarcane jaggery (gur) is made from the finest sugarcanes, sourced from certified organic farms. Grown without the use of chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides these sugarcanes are rich in taste and are quite juicy. These sugarcanes are cultivated using controlled organic procedure and hence the jaggery obtained from this process is said to be the best jaggery.
2. Kerala Special Organic Coconut Jaggery:
The Kerala Special Organic Coconut Jaggery is produced from organically grown coconuts in the farm of Kerala. These coconuts are grown as per organic standards. Not only the organic sugarcane jaggery but also the coconut organic jaggery has a number of health benefits like this jaggery (gur) is high on protein and low on fat which is quite healthy and beneficial in digestion. Jagger powder can also be used as a replacement for sugar.
3.Wellbeing Organic Palm Culture Crystallised Palm Jaggery:
Palm Sugar is natural sweetener with lowest Glycemic Index (GI). GI indicates the rise in the sugar level of a person after consumption of food. This palm organic jaggery is rich in mineral and vitamin content like Vit B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 like the organic sugarcane jaggery. With no additives, sweetener, colour or preservatives, the Palm Culture's Palm Organic Jaggery brings the healthiest sweets in its natural form.
Palm Culture's Crystallised Palm Jaggery - 400g | Low GI sweetner | Best plant source for vitamin B12 | Rich in minerals
4. Arya Farm Organic Jaggery:
Organic sugarcane jaggery from the certified organic farms of Arya the Arya Farm Organic Sugarcane Jaggery is a rich source of iron. This best jaggery (gur) has a wholesome of health properties and benefits.
5. B&B Organics Sugarcane Jaggery:
B&B Organics procures organic sugarcane jaggery from certified farms. They regularly lab test their organic products to maintain the quality and standard and prevent contamination. The organic sugarcane jaggery shelves 12 months of life when stored under normal temperature. Not only this the jaggery powder obtained from this jaggery can also be used for a number of purposes.
Other Benefits & Uses Of Jaggery (Gur):
- Organic Sugarcane Jaggery is used a seasoning agent, it is often used to provide a lining to the inner walls of earthen ovens.
- Sugarcane Jaggery, the Building Material: In many places till date where cement is not available readily, sugarcane jaggery is used as a binding material in construction. When mixed with lime, sand and clay it is used to join bricks together.
- Sugarcane Jaggery in Toothpaste: Sugarcane jaggery mixed with the dust of tobacco is used as toothpaste in many rural villages.
- Sugarcane Jaggery for Cattle: Jaggery is mixed to the cattle feed to add taste to the food. The taste enhancement allows the cattle to intake more food and gain more energy.
- Customary Uses: Sugarcane jaggery is used in a number of religious occasions. Jaggery and gram is offered to please the horse before the groom rides the horse on occasion of a Hindu wedding.
- Sugarcane Jaggery as Fish Bait: Jaggery mixed with a variety of ingredient like ant eggs, cardamom powder; poppy seeds etc is used to attract fishe and forms an excellent fish bait mixture.
Which Jaggery is Best
When asked about the best jaggery the question migh sound to be a little tricky, but the answer is very clear. Jaggery from organic brands like Pure & Sure is considered to be the best jaggery.
In brief, that is the story of jaggery (gur); it seems so simple, yet so mysterious! If you also know some untold and unknown fables and folktales about organic sugarcane jaggery do share it with us in the ‘Write Your Review' section mentioned below.
List of Best Organic Jaggery Brands In India - Stock Up On These!
|Best Organic Jaggery Brands - Stock Up On These!||Price in India|
|Pure & Sure Organic Jaggery, 500g||₹ 79|
|Worth2Deal Organic Coconut Jaggery - 500 g||₹ 329|
|Palm Culture's Crystallised Palm Jaggery - 400g | Low GI sweetner | Best plant source for vitamin B12 | Rich in minerals||₹ 260|
|Arya Farm Organic Jaggery Lump, 1kg||₹ 169|
|B&B Organics Sugarcane Jaggery, 2 kg||₹ 383|
|B&B Organics Sugarcane Block Jaggery(10 kg)||₹ 1,579|