Fans of the best non-fiction books consider them to be pillar books that help to shape their thinking and approach to life. Here are some top reads from the best non-fiction books in various categories:
Best Non-Fiction Books For Art and Architecture:
1. Ecological Urban ArchitectureQualitative Approaches to Sustainability (Thomas Schropfer)
In the recent times the main aim of urbanisation has remained confined to political and technological issues. This best non-fiction book establishes a focus on architectural and infrastructural designs with sustainable urban development in mind. Taking example of five eco cities the author proves his point that architectural and urban designers can use their creativity to achieve sustainable results.
2. The Agony and the Ecstasy (Irving Stone)Irving Stone has presented one of the best non-fiction books by the name The Agony and the Ecstasy on the occasion of Michelangelo’s 500th anniversary. A special edition of this best non-fiction book was released by New American Library on Michelangelo’s 500th anniversary. This best non-fiction book is a masterpiece and clearly depicts Angelo’s passion and love for art which wrested him to create the greatest art known to the world.
- Rs260Rs35026% OFF
Best Non-Fiction Books For Body, Mind and Spirit
1. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (Eckhart Tolle)This best non-fiction book on self motivation by Eckhart demonstrates how a person can live happier and healthier life by living in the present. In order to live in the present moment we will have to forego our analytical thinking and a falsely created ego. Though the author believes it to be a challenging task yet it isn’t impossible. In a question answer format Tolle has focused upon the power of silence and how it can help us to create liberated thoughts.
- Rs299Rs49940% OFF
2. Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife (Eban Alexander)Rated as the bestselling novels by New York Times this best non-fiction book is an account of world renowned neurosurgeon near death experience. Dr. Eban had always considered himself to be involved with science. In 2008 he fell into coma after being attacked by a rare bacterial meningitis. His brain had been massively damaged, however with the grace of the lord Eban’s brain recovered from near total inactivity to awakening and he was never the same person again.
- Rs200Rs35043% OFF
Best Non-Fiction Books For Health and Medicals
1. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (Rebecca Skloot)Henrietta Lacks popularly known as HeLa was a poor tobacco farmer whose cells became one of the most important tools in medicine. The story of this best selling non-fiction book revolves around how HeLa became the first immortal human. HeLa cells are vital for developing polio vaccine and other medicines for diseases like cancer. Skloot takes the readers on a completely extraordinary journey from HeLa’s home town to the wards of the hospital and also to the freezers of laboratories filled with HeLa cells.
2. The Family That Couldn't Sleep: A Medical Mystery (D.T.Max)For more than two centuries a simple Venetian family has suffered from an inherited disease, that strikes the members in the middle age and steel their sleep. In Papua, a traditional tribe is obliterated by some unique disease whose major symptoms are uncontrollable laughter. The reason behind this is prions that are ordinary proteins which sometimes could go wrong resulting in neurological illness. In this best non-fiction book the author specifically describes the spellbinding story of Prion’s past and deadly future.
Best Non-Fiction Books For Science and Technology
1. MetamanThe Merging of Humans and Machines Into a Global Superorganism (Gregorgy Stock)
Metaman is a visionary best non-fiction book that gives us a completely new way of understanding our world and future. In this book Stock develops a provoking thesis about the human society where the humans are knitted by modern technology.
2. Alone in the Universe: Why Our Planet Is Unique (John Gribbin)One of today’s best non-fiction books to read written by John Gribbin argues that the existence of intelligent life in the cosmos is certainly a miracle. The author takes the pain to take us some 600 million year back where as a result of unique cosmic events life became possible within the Milky Way Galaxy. Gribbin is also the author of many best non-fiction books like In Search of Schrödinger's Cat.
Best Non-Fiction Books for Travel and Photography
1. The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World (Roz Hopkins, Lonely Planet)Dedicated to travel and photography this best non-fiction book has well defined pictorial representations for people who are dedicated to travel the world. The authors have beautifully captured each country with mind bobbling photographs and explanatory texts.
2. Portraits (Steve McCurry)In the year 1985 o his visit to Afghanistan he photographed an Afghan girl for Nat Geo. The intensity of her eyes caught the attention of the world and thus it became on e of the most gazed portrait in the world. After this Steve published one of the best non-fiction books that is basically a collection of portraits of remarkable faces he shot while travelling.
Stop reading and grab these best nonfiction books into your shelves right away. Do tell us which genre impressed you the most in the comments section below.