Though Jaggery which commonly known as âGurâ is made from unrefined sugar, it is the best solution to all the pollution problem that the nation's capital is going through these days. Raw sugarcane is boiled until it solidifies and then organic jaggery (gur) is obtained out of the solidified sugarcane juice. However, sugarcane is not the only thing from which organic jaggery (gur) can be obtained. Jaggery (gur) can also be made from the sap of coconut and date palm.
Organic Sugarcane Jaggery obtained from sugarcane is used widely and has a number of health benefits over white sugar. It is considered to be the best protection against the declining air quality and rising pollution. Along with being the best healthy substitute to sugar, sugarcane jaggery is also used to cleanse the body, help in digestion and provide appropriate amount of mineral to the body. Organic sugarcane jaggery (gur) is also used in a number of auspicious occasions and also in a number of Indian sweets. One such occasion being the folk festival of Bihar the Chhath Puja. Chhath Puja is a festival where a lot of purity and cleanliness is to be maintained. Thus to avoid any sort of amalgamation in the things used for Puja people opt for 100% organic things. On the second day of Chhath Puja people on fast make rice pudding using sugarcane jaggery and chapatti. They invite their families, friends and neighbours to have the âprasadâ of âkheer n rotiâ. Here is a list of top organic jaggery brands on which you can rely:
1. Pure & Sure Organic Jaggery:Pure & Sure Organic sugarcane jaggery (gur) is made from the finest sugarcanes, sourced from certified organic farms. Grown without the use of chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides these sugarcanes are rich in taste and are quite juicy. These sugarcanes are cultivated using controlled organic procedure.
2. Kerala Special Organic Coconut Jaggery:The Kerala Special Organic Coconut Jaggery is produced from organically grown coconuts in the farm of Kerala. These coconuts are grown as per organic standards. Not only the organic sugarcane jaggery but also the coconut organic jaggery has a number of health benefits like this jaggery (gur) is high on protein and low on fat which is quite healthy and beneficial in digestion.
3.Wellbeing Organic Palm Culture Crystallised Palm Jaggery:Palm Sugar is natural sweetener with lowest Glycemic Index (GI). GI indicates the rise in the sugar level of a person after consumption of food. This palm organic jaggery is rich in mineral and vitamin content like Vit B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 like the organic sugarcane jaggery. With no additives, sweetener, colour or preservatives, the Palm Culture's Palm Organic Jaggery brings the healthiest sweets in its natural form.
4. Arya Farm Organic Jaggery:Organic sugarcane jaggery from the certified organic farms of Arya the Arya Farm Organic Sugarcane Jaggery is a rich source of iron. This jaggery (gur) has a wholesome of health properties and benefits.
5. B&B Organics Sugarcane Jaggery:B&B Organics procures organic sugarcane jaggery from certified farms. They regularly lab test their organic products to maintain the quality and standard and prevent contamination. The organic sugarcane jaggery shelves 12 months of life when stored under normal temperature.
Other Benefits & Uses Of Jaggery (Gur):
- Organic Sugarcane Jaggery is used a seasoning agent, it is often used to provide a lining to the inner walls of earthen ovens.
- Sugarcane Jaggery, the Building Material: In many places till date where cement is not available readily, sugarcane jaggery is used as a binding material in construction. When mixed with lime, sand and clay it is used to join bricks together.
- Sugarcane Jaggery in Toothpaste: Sugarcane jaggery mixed with the dust of tobacco is used as toothpaste in many rural villages.
- Sugarcane Jaggery for Cattle: Jaggery is mixed to the cattle feed to add taste to the food. The taste enhancement allows the cattle to intake more food and gain more energy.
- Customary Uses: Sugarcane jaggery is used in a number of religious occasions. Jaggery and gram is offered to please the horse before the groom rides the horse on occasion of a Hindu wedding.
- Sugarcane Jaggery as Fish Bait: Jaggery mixed with a variety of ingredient like ant eggs, cardamom powder; poppy seeds etc is used to attract fishes and forma an excellent fish bait mixture.
In brief, that is the story of jaggery (gur); it seems so simple, yet so mysterious! If you also know some untold and unknown fables and folktales about organic sugarcane jaggery do share it with us in the âWrite Your Reviewâ section mentioned below.
Read here : Sleep safe with these Room Air Purifiers cleaning 99% of the Air
Read here : Keep Your Car Air Purified with these Car Air Purifiers
Read here : Best Anti-Pollution Masks In India